Taco Pegaso at Fareground Foodhall is hiring a Kit
Company: Richard Sandoval Hospitality
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionTaco Pegaso is currently hiring a Kitchen Manager
to join the restaurants fun, enthusiastic, and hardworking team!!
Taco Pegaso is located in the lively downtown Austin area right
inside Fareground Foodhall. We are looking for someone who can
supervise and coordinate all activities concerning
back-of-the-house operations and personnel. This position would be
responsible for ensuring an efficient quality finished product
before and during service hours. The Kitchen Manager would also
assume all duties of the Sous Chefs in their absence, and as needed
by the Executive Chef. If you are a hard worker and enjoy working
with others in a fast paced environment, we would love for you to
join our team!!The starting salary for the Kitchen Manager position
is $50,000 a year, but we are open to negotiation based on
candidate's experience! We offer excellent benefits as well as paid
time off on birthdays! Core Tasks and Responsibilities: Food:
- Taste food items to insure consistency and conformance to
recipes and standards of appearance.
- Take time to give special attention to special guests and
guests with special needs.
- Train kitchen personnel in all menu items and food production
principles and practices, by way of constant communication.
- Assist in controlling food costs by maintaining product storage
requirements, daily work sheets, standardized recipes, and waste
- Maintain product quality standards and consistency, through the
- Use daily kitchen notes to communicate amongst the team.
- Establish open lines of communication between FOH and BOH at
- Work with front-of-the-house personnel to execute menu changes,
specials, and information regarding shortages in the absence of a
- Work closely with all management staff.
- Lead by example and motivate through positive
- Be firm, fair and consistent when involved with employee
- Strive for guest satisfaction—maintain the goal of creating
positive guest experiences.
- Maintain the integrity of every dish no matter time, price
point, whom it is for or level of difficulty.
- Organize and operate an efficient, professional service.
- Orientate, motivate, train, and educate all kitchen personnel
in Avondale's policies, procedures, and rules.
- Maintain a clean and organized BOH workspace.People Skills:
- Praise in public, criticize behind closed doors, give
- Constantly develop culinary talent and remember that you can
learn something from every employee in the restaurant.
- Maintain positive attitude about all culinary aspects of
Restaurant and Market, regarding both with equal
esteem.QUALIFICATIONS: Must have at least a high school diploma or
GED. Previous kitchen experience is required with at least 2 years
of working in a similar position. Must be able to work well under
pressure and be self-motivated. Must have good organizational, time
management and delegation skills. Good communication skills—both
written and verbal, Spanish speaking would be a definite plus.
Requires standing and carrying for long periods. This position may
require lifting, carrying, pulling or pushing of approximately
21—50 pounds. Must work 55 to 60 weekly. What We OfferWe also offer
excellent health, dental and vision options after 60 days of
employment. We have a variety of additional insurance options,
including disability, life and more. We offer Paid Sick Leave, Paid
Birthday and 5 days Parental Leave. Employees also receive
discounted dining at the Richard Sandoval Hospitality Restaurants
across the country!
Keywords: Richard Sandoval Hospitality, Austin , Taco Pegaso at Fareground Foodhall is hiring a Kit, Other , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!