Jr. Accountant - Austin, TX
Job Code:2021-FIN-012 FT/PT Status:Finance Department
Explore our careers page to learn more about the benefits we
Check out our Youtube channel to learn more about Vivent Health!
Videos to explore!
1) The Basics - HIV Prevention and Testing - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zc6SpQDuNa8
2) How is HIV Transmitted? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8BwYFlTAGY
3) HIV: Fight Back with HIV Treatment - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhioUIYmv9Q&feature=youtu.be
4) HIV: Let's Reset What We Know - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pd_7I6M07k0&feature=youtu.be
5) HIV: The Goal of Undetectable - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ1bIphjxbw&t=17s
Provide assistance and support to the grant reporting and
management function for public and private grants, including timely
and accurate completion of grant billing and related grant
reporting, and preparation for funder fiscal reviews. Provide other
financial and accounting supports including, but not limited to,
daily cash log/deposit, preparation of Paul Kirby checks, bank and
account reconciliations, assistance with payroll and Concur report
processing, and completion of adhoc reporting.
Scope of Responsibilities
Vivent Health is one of the nation's largest providers of HIV
prevention, care and treatment services with a budget approaching
$150 million and employing over 450 professionals.
The unique, nationally recognized Vivent Health HIV Medical home
model of care assures that everyone with HIV has access to medical,
dental, mental health and social services and provides the best
opportunity for patients to achieve high quality health outcomes.
Vivent Health also provides aggressive HIV prevention services to
gay men, injection drug users and others at the highest risk for
Vivent Health currently operates in multiple states nationwide.
It embraces a Market Culture to increase access to care, enhance
quality outcomes, achieve and surpass financial performance
expectations and has an aggressive plan to expand into additional
states. Essential Functions
The Accountant position is responsible for grant management
activities for Vivent Health and its affiliate organizations,
- Assist with/complete monthly grant billings and reporting
- Assist with preparation of Grant Year to Date reports
- Assist with preparation for funder audits and fiscal
- Prepare cash log and bank deposit as required
- Prepare Paul Kirby checks as required
- Assist/back-up client housing assistance check processing as
- Complete monthly bank reconciliations as assigned
- Complete monthly account reconciliations as assigned
- Assist with agency Special Event activities as directed.
- Other financial and administrative duties as assigned.
- One to three years of experience in an office/business
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with computerized accounting/payroll systems
- Non-profit work/volunteer experience
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions*
Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Vivent Health is an equal opportunity employer and will recruit,
hire, promote and transfer qualified persons into all job
classifications regardless of race, gender, religion, skin color,
national origin or ancestry, physical disability (including
pregnancy) or mental disability, age, gender identity, sexual
orientation, legally protected medical condition, family care
status, marital status, veteran status, genetic characteristics or
any other characteristic protected by federal or state law. Vivent
Health complies with other expanded protected classifications that
may be mandated by specific county or municipal regulations. As a
recipient of federal funding, Vivent Health will not hire nor enter
into a contractual relationship with any party that is debarred,
suspended, or excluded from federal assistance programs.
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness*
Employment at our organization may qualify you for federal
student loan forgiveness programs. We do not directly pay for - nor
forgive - federal student loans; however our status as a
not-for-profit organization under Section 501 (c) (3), makes us an
eligible employer. There may be other determining factors for one
Please follow this URL to review one such program and their