Field Services Technician
Austin, TX, US
Requisition Number: 81296
Performs service, repair and/or installation of company
product(s) including system hardware, software, PCs and Point of
Sale (POS) equipment. Provides technical support to customers on
operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment. Serves as
customer contact on technical and service related problems.
Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures,
using established procedures. Determines most cost effective
repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime. May involve use of
problem management databases and help desk system.
- Represents Insight in a professional and businesslike manner
and communicates effectively with customers and associates.
- Interacts with customer responding to technical questions or
request for information.
- Processes timely and accurate information to ensure compliance
with warranty requirements of vendors.
- Maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction by
resolving all tangible problems and concerns.
- Escalates problems and issues to a higher level of support.
This includes service that exceeds response time, repair time, lack
of parts, or any other issue that could impact customer
- Primarily provides Tier 1 & 2 level support; occasionally
performs Tier 3 level support.
- Performs general maintenance tasks, troubleshoots, and repairs
computer systems and peripheral equipment.
- Performs computer hardware and software installations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requires a minimum of 1-2 years of related work experience, high
school diploma, OEM technical training/certification, or equivalent
combination of education and technical experience.
Ability to attain A+ certification with 90 days of
Must have a valid driver's license with clean driving record
Must be willing to travel for overnight stays < 25% of the
Use of personal vehicle is required and should be in good order.
Mileage will be reimbursed.
Must be available to work on Standby & Swing Shift or weekend
rotation as needed
Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job
duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a
comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for
this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight
Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight
Intelligent Technology Solutions and services to maximize the
business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of
digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected
workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we
help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming
for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and
management, our 11,000 teammates help clients innovate and optimize
their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 11,000+ teammates in 19 countries providing Insight Intelligent
Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $8.3 billion in revenue in 2020
- Ranked #409 on the Fortune 500, #15 on the CRN Solution
Provider 500, 2020 CRN Innovator of the Year Award
- 2020 Intel Innovation Partner of Year, 2020 Microsoft U.S.
Partner of the Year and Worldwide Customer Experience Partner of
- Ranked #7 on the 2021 Fortune World's Most Admired Companies
(Information Technology Services industry), #70 on the Fortune 100
Best Workplaces for Diversity, #296 on Forbes World's Best
Employers (#27 within IT), and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal
2020 list of Best Places to Work
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and
Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: San Antonio || Texas (US-TX) || United States
(US) || None || None || US - San Antonio, TX ||
Nearest Major Market: Austin
Job Segment: Technician, Developer, Supply, Cloud, Compliance,
Technology, Operations, Legal