Company: Syms Strategic Group, LLC
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Syms Strategic Group (SSG)is seeking a talentedDevOps
EngineerPlease join SSG on this large, highly complex nationwide
Veterans Affairs program supporting healthcare for over 10,000,000
Veterans!Department: Veterans AffairsType:Full TimeMin.
Experience:ExperiencedSecurity Clearance Level:Public Trust
(MBI)Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply!Essential
Duties and ResponsibilitiesDevOps Engineer/Configuration
- Maintenance and ongoing development of continuous build/
- Source Control Management / Documentation
- Creating and maintaining fully automated CI build processes for
- Writing build and deployment scripts.
- Supporting CI/CD tools integration/ operations/ change
management, and maintenance.
- Support full automation of CI/ Testing.
- Supporting policies, standards, guidelines, governance and
related guidance for both CI/CD operations and for work of
- Training and supporting developers from source control, through
build automation, merge resolution, CI, test automation, deployment
based on tools usage and policies, standards.
- Enable successful release management by moving code from
Development and Testing environments to Staging and Production
- Work closely with software developers, production support, and
information security to automate and support infrastructure and
tooling in cloud-based platforms
- Apply automated deployment tool sets and infrastructure
including environments and code management using Continuous
Integration and Continuous Delivery processes
- Perform and/or support response activities for operational and
- Drive the implementation and rollout of application
reliability, including disaster recovery
- Provide guidance and apply agile and DevOps/DevSecOps practices
to streamline product delivery and reliable operations of
- Continuously identify opportunities to automate and save
timeRequired Skills and Experience***Must have outstanding
Interpersonal and communication skills***
- U.S. Citizenship Required for this Position
- Proficient with Source Control Management best practices,
- Expertise with build automation tools- Jenkins
- Knowledge of source code control management systems and
configuration management (Git and Rational preferred)
- Experience with: Build time dependency management (Maven, Ivy),
Unit testing and code coverage tools (JUnit), Functional test
automation techniques and tools (Selenium, Fortify, JMeter
- Experience with Open Source Repository Manager
- Proficient with Linux and creating Virtual Machines
(Vagrant)Good understanding of Quality Control and Test Automation
in Agile-based Continuous Integration environments
- Prior DevOps, Ansible, Jenkins, Git, GitHub,Tomcat and Virtual
- Experience with content management and issue tracking
- Experience learning, sharing, and implementing best practices
with the ability to establish operational processes, implement
DevOps, deployment checklists
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous
Deployment build tools (Jenkins, Ansible)
- Knowledge of developing solutions in an iterative (agile)
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Knowledge of system configuration tools and implementation of
- Expertise with build automation tools- Jenkins
- Knowledge of source code control management systems
andconfiguration management (Git and Rational preferred)
- Knowledge and experience with Linux Admin: Maintain/upgrade
Linux packages, security, networking, performance tuning, system
resource management, capacity planning, user process
- Knowledge of scripting languages; Linux Scripting: Fluent on
Linux scripting e.g. Bash/Shell, Ruby, Perl, Python, or
similar.Professional CertificationsNoneFormal EducationBachelor's
degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering, or other
engineering or technical degreeYears of Professional Experience
- 5+ year relevant experienceSecurity Clearance RequirementsMust
possess or be able to obtain a Public Trust (MBI)CitizenshipU.S.
Citizenship RequiredCRITICAL NOTES:
- SSG will not make assumptions regarding your qualifications.
Your answers to the mandatory screening questions must be supported
by the information on your resume. Applications with
inconsistencies will not be considered.
- Recruiters or Third parties will not be considered
- All continental U.S. based locations may be considered except
applicants from CA, CO, NJ, NY, IL will not be considered.
- This is a 1099 positionDesired Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of developing solutions in an Agile approachU.S
Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity. Applicants
selected will be subject to a government security investigation and
must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified
information and be able to obtain a government-granted security
clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background
investigation including, but not limited to criminal history,
employment and education verification, drug testing, and
creditworthiness.Syms Strategic Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age,
national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, or genetic information.
Keywords: Syms Strategic Group, LLC, Austin , Devops Engineer, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...