Director of Engineering
Company: Winc Australia
Posted on: February 23, 2021
BB Imaging is a healthcare company that strives--to increase
access to prenatal care. We have been in business for 15 years, and
this year we are growing our technical team to implement a software
solution for our underserved communities. Our team is passionate
about making an impact, specifically in reducing maternal-fetal
mortality. Our expertise has been in healthcare, and we are looking
for dynamic team members to extend our reach with technology.--Our
reputation--of--excellence and surrounding ourselves with people
committed to service has been instrumental to our success. Check
this out to see a little about us:-- https://bit.ly/3pjZnS6
POSITION Director of Engineering THE ROLE We're looking for a
Director of Engineering to act as equal parts individual
contributor and leader of a small team of Software Engineers as we
execute our product--road map--to provide SaaS Cloud Solutions for
clinics throughout the U.S. We have a working prototype, and our
next challenge is bringing it to market so we can profoundly impact
the quality of care for pregnant women in underserved areas and
reduce maternal mortality.--You will join a team consisting of a
product designer, product manager,--product owner, and an entire
group of expert clinicians. Over the first year, you will:
- evaluate our technical architecture and suggest improvements
based on our roadmap and vision.--(We know where we want to go and
need you to help us get there!)
- execute on the product vision. (Our collective work aims to
reduce maternal-fetal mortality. Let's get this done.)
- manage junior developers by reviewing team code, identifies and
resolves coding errors, and reports progress to leadership. (We
pride ourselves in working with folks we admire and can learn from,
andwe want you to have a say in the team you lead.)
- adapt agile and lean to design an iterative process of lean
experiment.--(We want to test, learn, adjust---repeat) OUR MISSION,
PURPOSE, VALUES AND VISION You can probably already guess that we
are laser-focused on one thing: better care for moms. And we need
to be. Our mission is to--improve health outcomes by making
ultrasound services accessible: We believe that:
- Women should have access to the best diagnostic technology
available regardless of their income or ZIP code.
- Identifying abnormalities early allows our providers to
positively impact patient outcomes.
- Developing our team members to become industry experts elevates
the field. We value:
- Serving the underserved
- Nurturing/ Learning environment
- Innovation & Problem Solving Our Vision is to:
- Become the leading provider of diagnostic ultrasound.
- Reduce the barriers of access for women by partnering with
practitioners who share our commitment to providing excellent
healthcare to the community at large.
- Create an environment that values each team member's unique
ability and invests in individual and professional growth. WHAT
- Develop a leadership style that contributes to and supports
BBI's Mission, Purpose, Values and Vision.
- Collaborate with Product Design and Product Management to
deliver a user experience that takes into account our patients and
providers. Communicate the status of product development, budgets,
- Work with Product Design and Product Management to put in place
an outcomes-based development methodology. Identify which best
practices in agile, lean, and design thinking to adopt at BBI.
Implement an iterative process of Plan > Do > Check >
- Research and select the most appropriate vendors, technologies,
frameworks and platforms for our product vision, roadmap, and
culture. Evaluate our technical architecture and suggest
improvements based on our roadmap and maintaining maximum
- Implement the Roadmap and execute the product vision by both
writing code, supporting junior engineers, and contributing to an
iterative process of lean experiments.
- Strategically build, grow, retain, and lead the technical
- Adapt DevOps to our team and culture to support lean
experiments and continuous delivery. SALARY Competitive salary
between $165,000 and $185,000. Commensurate with your experience.
BENEFITS Company benefits, including but not limited to paid
vacation and holidays (ie. YOUR Birthday) will be discussed with
individual employees at the time of employment. WHO YOU ARE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other technology
- 10 years' experience in software engineering
- Startup experience or experience working in startup department
of established company
- Fluent in Lean and Agile methods.
- Familiar with Design Thinking and user experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and suggest
- Strong leadership and organizational abilities.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent
- Detail oriented and ability to meet deadlines.
- Self-directed and motivated, able to work efficiently in an
- Willingness to build professional relationships with staff,
vendors and clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with the public and healthcare team.
- Ability to read, write and interpret documents, routine reports
and correspondence. --- BB Imaging & Consulting is proud to be an
Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to a policy of equal
treatment and opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected
Keywords: Winc Australia, Austin , Director of Engineering, Engineering , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!