Assistant Director Of Sales
Company: Sage Hospitality Group
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Centrally located in downtown, Sheraton Austin features 367
beautifully appointed guest rooms, Brand new club lounge offering
an extended hot continental breakfast and daily evening hors
d'oeuvres and a state-of-the-art fitness facility. Conveniently
located in the heart of Austin, walk to restaurants, music venues
and bars. Only a 3-minute drive to the University of Texas Campus.
Easy access on and off of I-35for a short commute to and from
Austin Bergstrom International Airport. As part of Sage Hospitality
Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence
in everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience
at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make
positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By
providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests
and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable
experiences. We are looking for independent thinkers. Those who
harness their entrepreneurial spirit so that it breaks preconceived
notions. We're not afraid to forge our own path. After all, it's
what industry leaders do. That's why we welcome risk takers and
creative spirits alike. No matter your daily role, Sage recognizes
that your success is about more than the work you do-it's really
about who you are, which is why we invest in your personal and
professional growth. We hope you consider joining us!Job
OverviewMeets and exceeds revenue goals by developing new accounts
and growing current hotel accounts in a profitable and win-win
selling approach.ResponsibilitiesDirect Sales:
- Targets results-oriented high revenue potential sales calls to
ensure a successful direct sales program, in accordance with goals
established by department budget and marketing plan. Must have own
reliable transportation and possess a valid state drivers license
in order to make sales calls.Key Account Management:
- Maximizes current hotel key accounts by identifying and
capturing those that offer revenue growth.New Account Development:
- Captures competitor's accounts through networking, research and
reader board surveys in order to target and solicit those most
probable to generate new business.
- Acquires referrals from existing accounts: Follows up on all
leads within 48 hours of receipt in an effort to create new
business for the hotel, and, when appropriate, sends leads to other
- Plans and implements an on-going Targeted Account Development
"hit list" in order to create new revenue and acquire valuable
hotel contacts, and contracts.
- Continually targets and prospects for new business through
telemarketing, individual creativity and innovation.Yield
- Utilizes yield management techniques by profitably negotiating
room rates and function space commitments in order to enhance the
hotel's financial performance.Account Service and Management:
- Maintains well-documented, accurate, organized and up-to-date
file management system in order to serve client and employer in the
most expedient, organized and knowledgeable manner.
- Develops strong customer relationships through frequent
communication and the use of professional, courteous and ethical
- Develops customer profiles and maintains an effective trace
system, including trace dates and references, in order to best meet
client needs, resulting in superior account service and increased
revenues. Promptly follows-up on all customer needs and inquiries
in an efficient and expedient manner.Product Knowledge:
- Conducts research, surveys, personal investigation and studies
market place and territory in order to effectively capitalize on
the hotel's strengths and competitor's weaknesses and
- Focuses on revenue-producing activity and maximizes selling
time by dedicating a minimum 90% work time on direct sales efforts.
- Professionalism: Controls expenses while traveling on the
property's behalf in order to minimize department and hotel costs.
- Represents themselves, the hotel and Sage Development
Resources, Inc. with the highest level of integrity and
professionalism, a service-focused approach, and a caring, sincere
attitude at all times.
- Exhibits a positive and involved team attitude to all hotel
departments and maintains open communications with all co-workers
for the best overall performance of the hotel.
- Displays a neat, clean, and business-like appearance at all
times.QualificationsEducation/Formal TrainingMinimum of high school
diploma or equivalent.ExperienceSix months minimum in sales,
customer service related position or hotel experience
- Requires knowledge of advanced sales techniques.
- Requires yield management experience.
- Requires highly developed customer service skills.
- Requires ability hear, speak, read and write English fluently.
Requires 12th grade level mathematics, spelling and reading skills.
- Requires effective business writing skills.
- Must have dexterity/mobility to meet clients on and off
premises, to tour property and attend functions, to climb stairs,
use door keys and operate basic office equipment.
- Vision to read fine print and computer screens, to see colors,
to observe rooms in poorly lit conditions.
- Understand and follow verbal/written instructions.
- Work on more than one task at a time.
- Develop strong internal and customer relationships.
- Set and manage priorities and plan activities in advance.
- Solve problems and make sound business decisions.
- Respond to coaching, feedback and training. Strong and
effective sales skills.Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist
- Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files
and office items up to 25 lbs.EnvironmentGeneral office and hotel
Keywords: Sage Hospitality Group, Austin , Assistant Director Of Sales, Sales , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!