Manager Sales Engineering Verticals, Spectrum Enterprise
Posted on: June 25, 2022
At a glance:
- Are you an expert in service provider solutions and skilled at
managing a team responsible for technical pre-sale activities?
- Can you commit to a sales engineering leadership position
guiding the development of all technical aspects to create and
implement client network solutions?
- Do you desire a competitive salary with lucrative benefits and
a focus on professional development? Our company: At Spectrum
Enterprise, our goal is to foster an engaging work environment that
encourages our team members to reach their full potential. We
promote a culture of excellence that celebrates diversity,
innovative thinking and dedication to consistently exceeding client
expectations. Spectrum Enterprise, a part of Charter
Communications, Inc., is a national provider of scalable, fiber
technology solutions serving America's largest businesses and
communications service providers. The broad Spectrum Enterprise
portfolio includes networking and managed services solutions:
Internet access, Ethernet access and networks, Voice and TV
solutions. Spectrum Enterprise's industry-leading team of experts
works closely with clients to achieve greater business success by
providing solutions designed to meet their evolving needs. More
information about Spectrum Enterprise can be found at
enterprise.spectrum.com. Highlights: Exceeding client expectations
is at the center of your daily focus. As the Manager of Sales
Engineering Verticals, you simplify complex client business needs
through the detailed management of a technical pre-sales support
team. You are enthusiastic about guiding your team through
technical presentations, requirement gathering, pre-sale designs
and capital requirements. You have a detailed understanding of
service provider solutions and the demands for network services and
connectivity. You are passionate about driving growth through an
understanding of the demands of enterprise markets and identifying
strategic and field trial opportunities. You work closely with
sales team members to highlight the benefits of Spectrum Enterprise
Fiber Internet Access (FIA), Private Networking Solutions based on
Metro Ethernet Forum (MEF) standards, Voice solutions and cloud
solutions. You excel at meeting current client business goals and
creating demand for the future by recruiting, training and managing
high-performing pre-sales support professionals. You thrive in an
office environment supporting your team and interacting with
departments across the Spectrum Enterprise footprint. You report
directly to the Director of Sales Engineering Vertical for goals,
guidance and assistance. Position benefits:
- Competitive salary with sales incentives.
- Health, vision and dental insurance.
- 100% company match 401(k) up to 6%.
- Company funded retirement accumulation plan for an additional
- Education assistance.
- Pretax childcare spending account.
- Paid holidays, vacation days, personal days and sick days.
- Employee discount on spectrum services where available. What
you will do:
- Be an inspiring member of the sales team by leading the support
of technical pre-sales activities and post-sales technical
consultations to achieve monthly sales and revenue goals.
- Maximize engineering team efficiency through goal driven
planning and daily direction.
- Drive accurate and efficient pre-sale activities by recruiting
and hiring talented team members.
- Support revenue initiatives by evaluating and identifying
engineering team performances, coordinating training and developing
- Capture local and regional sales opportunities through the
management of assignments, workflows and performing all functions
of a Sales Engineer.
- Ensure successful installation and implementation processes by
serving as the liaison with internal Operations and Engineering
- Resolve pre- and post-sale issues by communicating with clients
as a point of escalation.
- Enhance sales team abilities by conducting weekly team meetings
to review performances against defined goals and best
- Perform all functions of a Sales Engineer to support local and
- Develop key sales skills by attending training sessions and
sales meetings. Required keys for success:
- Two or more years of sales engineering management experience
related to the telecommunications field.
- Five or more combined years of experience in technology
management, network design, project management or sales
- Extensive voice networking experience with an emphasis on VoIP,
signaling protocols and private branch exchange (PBX).
- Detailed knowledge of transmission control protocol/internet
protocol (TCP/IP), internet protocol virtual private network (IP
VPN), multi-protocol layer switching (MPLS), virtual private LAN
service (VPLS), Ethernet, voice over internet protocol (VoIP),
synchronous optical networking (SONET) and dense wavelength
division multiplexing (DWDM).
- Familiar with networking routers, switches, local area network
(LAN), metro area network (MAN), WAN, digital signal 3 (DS3),
operator carrier exchange (OC-x), channel service unit (CSU), data
service unit (DSU) and other client-premise equipment (CPE).
- Experience with routing protocols, such as border gateway
protocol (BGP), intermediate system to intermediate system (ISIS),
open shortest path first (OSPF), radio interface protocol (RIP) and
- Knowledge of the sales cycle and competing technologies.
- Consultative sales approach with an understanding of converged
- Proven leader with experience working closely with Sales VPs,
Directors and Sales Managers.
- Inspiring presentation and proposal design abilities.
- Deadline-driven with the ability to multi-task and manage
change with shifting priorities.
- Ability to efficiently conduct consultative analysis and
- Valid driver's license, a clean driving record and the
availability to travel.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and
- Effective written and spoken English communication skills with
all levels of an organization. Your education:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or a related
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), Cisco Certified
Internet Professional (CCIP) or Cisco Certified Internet Expert
(CCIE) certification (preferred). SEN531 313772-1 313772BR
Keywords: SPECTRUM, Austin , Manager Sales Engineering Verticals, Spectrum Enterprise, Sales , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!