Field sales specialist commercial small business
Company: CNA Insurance
Posted on: June 23, 2022
You have a clear vision of where your career can go. And we have
the leadership to help you get there. At CNA, we strive to create a
culture in which people know they matter and are part of something
important, ensuring the abilities of all employees are used to
their fullest potential. Under technical direction, drives a high
level of Small Business production and develops profitable growth
opportunities with current and new Small Business distribution
partners. Responsible for best-in-class building and execution of
an effective Small Business sales plan to achieve maximum
production and profit goals in assigned territory. May be assigned
to lead key relationships and have broader scope of influence
outside of assigned Small Business territory. Recognized as an
expert in sales and Small Business insurance practices. JOB
DESCRIPTION: Essential Duties & Responsibilities Performs a
combination of duties in accordance with departmental
- Establishes, and consistently meets and exceeds production and
profitability goals within the local territory for Small Business
by identifying key agents, new business opportunities, and new
agency appointments. Identifies emerging channels such as
aggregators, brokers, eBusiness, and banks.
- Drives Quote Flow to achieve Small Business new business
objectives; factoring in average premium size, hit ratio and
overall need. Individual Small Business sales plans establish clear
objectives and activities to drive an increase in quote flow
- Serves as a role model and coach for a disciplined Small
Business sales process and ensures consistent execution of Small
Business Sales Best Practice principles.
- Promotes the use of CNA Sales & Service Center as a
- Promotes and sells CNA Small Business technology. Acts as local
agency advocate for CNA communications, customer feedback, and
- Responsible for the profitability of assigned small commercial
agency plant through effectively executing appetite strategy to
achieve Quote, New Business and GWP (Gross Written Premium) class
- Collaborates with functional partners on plan to manage
underperforming producers and accounts; executes against plan. May
provide guidance and assistance to other sales specialists and to
other functional areas, particularly when related to cross-sell
opportunities. Partners with cross-functional partners to drive
- May be assigned Branch enterprise account(s) that have
significant Small Business opportunity to serve as a CNA
- Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations,
industry activity and trends and actively shares information with
- Articulates and positions the Small Business Value Proposition
to drive an increase in quote activity, appropriate class mix, and
new business writings and demonstrate expertise of Enterprise and
Small Business Compensation programs.
- Gathers and relays competitive market intelligence. May perform
additional duties as assigned. Reporting Relationship Director or
above Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- Solid technical expertise, sophistication, and independent
judgment to manage business relationships with distributors and
individual business units.
- High level of insurance industry knowledge as it applies to
business development and determining business opportunity.
- Mastery level of cross-selling skills. Strong verbal, written
and presentation skills with the ability to effectively interact
with internal and external business partners.
- Influence skills and ability to interact effectively with high
levels of leadership.
- Coaching and mentoring skills to assist with development of
less experienced team members. Creativity in resolving issues and
- Results-oriented with the ability to develop tactical
strategies and business plans which support organizational vision
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as other
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work independently and remotely in the assigned
territory to achieve results with limited supervision.
- Requires an advanced understanding of P&C commercial lines
risk qualification with an insurance carrier or agency. Education &
Experience 1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent. 2. Typically a
minimum of five years multi-line P&C commercial underwriting
experience is preferred, in addition to experience in insurance
sales or marketing. CNA is committed to providing reasonable
accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the
recruitment process. To request an accommodation, please contact
Keywords: CNA Insurance, Austin , Field sales specialist commercial small business, Sales , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!