Access Services Rep 2
Company: Baylor Scott & White Health
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Access Services Representative 2 obtains current and accurate
demographics and insurance information in order to register
patient, verification of insurance benefits, negotiates and
collects patient financial responsibilities. Actively cross-trains
and works in all areas as assigned. Serves as a mentor and / or
trainer for peers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Conducts an documents patient interviews to obtain demographic
and financial data for registration, insurance verification,
precertification and billing.
- Understands the patient flow processes in each area.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities that promote team
concepts with co-workers while improving revenue cycle functions
and the patient experience.
- Interacts on an ongoing basis with other areas and departments
in order to provide appropriate information related to such items
as: patient delays, change of schedules Intra-departmentally and
- Verifies patient eligibility for insurance coverage and
appropriate benefit levels for anticipated services. Calculates and
collects patient liability due according to financial clearance
policies related to existing and/or bad debt accounts.
- Determines patient liability and advises patient of deposit
requirements per policy. Negotiates payment arrangements with
patient where necessary per policy.
- May be responsible for performing cashiering responsibilities
according to established policies and procedures; could potentially
consume the bulk of the incumbent's responsibilities within the
- Assists patients to nursing units by providing directions,
personal escort, and/or medical mobility assistance (ex;
wheelchairs), when applicable. Appropriately escalates potential
service issues to management when necessary.
- Adheres to compliance with regard to order validation, cash
policy requirements, government payor requirements and patient
safety requirements for appropriate patient identification
- Conducts formal, documented training and serves as a resource
- Proactively accepts new responsibilities as identified by
leadership. Performs revenue cycle duties at multiple areas /
locations as assigned.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
- 2 years of healthcare or customer service experience or
education equivalency required.
- Proven to have good listening, interpersonal and communication
skills, and professional, pleasant and respectful telephone
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor in a highly
stressful and emotional environment, to include crime, behavioral
health and suffering patients in addition to life or death
- Must be able to exhibit a high level of empathy with the
ability to effectively communicate with patients and family members
during traumatic events, while demonstrating exceptional customer
- Demonstrates ability to manage multiple, changing priorities in
an effective and organized manner.
- Excellent data entry, numeric, typing and computer navigational
- Basic computer skills and Microsoft Office.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1Note: Benefits may vary based upon
position type and/or levelQUALIFICATIONS
EDUCATION: H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
EXPERIENCE: 2 Years of Experience
Keywords: Baylor Scott & White Health, Austin , Access Services Rep 2, Sales , Burnet, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!