Inside Insurance Sales Representative
Company: Pharmacists Mutual
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Pharmacists Mutual Insurance Company has an opening for a
Coverage Advisor. This role Increases revenue by marketing and
selling one or more of the following lines of business: personal
lines, life and benefits products. The Coverage Advisor sells to
members and prospective members in an assigned territory or
territories. Also helps members attain peace of mind through
specialized insurance solutions (including life and benefits
insurance) and superior personal service. Coverage Advisor I
- Pursues expert knowledge of insurance principles, practices,
- Designs and executes effective strategies to identify members
with incomplete packages of insurance solutions.
- Designs and executes effective strategies to identify
prospective members. Coverage Advisor II
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of insurance principles,
practices, and products.
- Demonstrates ability to train and mentor a level I Coverage
- Demonstrates ability to efficiently identify prospects,
round-out incomplete or inadequate insurance packages of current
members, and prospective new members.
- Suggests marketing ideas to Marketing Department.
- Eligible for role focused on life insurance. Senior Coverage
- Demonstrates a history of high quality work.
- Demonstrates ability to positively influence other team
- Demonstrates critical thinking and problem-solving
- Actively participates in the development of team goals that
support achievement of corporate goals.
- Actively encourages team member performance relative to team
- Suggests new or changes to existing marketing strategies as
necessary to ensure team goals are achieved.
- Eligible for role focused on life insurance. Essential
Functions Essential functions may include, but are not limited to
- Meet or exceed assigned production goals established by
- Coordinate activities with Field Representative in assigned
territory as needed.
- Contact current members to upsell or round out accounts.
- Make outbound sales calls to prospective members.
- Design and implement an effective marketing strategy to
- Review coverage packages of current members and prospective
members to identify coverage gaps and recommend appropriate
insurance solutions to close said gaps that promote peace of
- Provide timely and accurate coverage analysis and insurance
proposals and effectively communicate to prospects.
- Understand and apply underwriting guidelines to prequalify
- Properly rate insurance proposals.
- Communicate with Underwriter for proper risk assessment.
- Attend and participate in meetings and conventions as
- Provide superior customer service while ensuring timely
coverage analysis and detailed documentation supporting
conversations and consumer decisions. Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to solicit business within assigned territories by
phone, marketing, and provide outstanding personalized
- Strong telephone sales and customer service skills.
- Thorough knowledge or the ability to acquire such knowledge in
a short period of time of principles and practices of insurance
underwriting, insurance sales, and collection and interpretation of
- Ability to use initiative and apply innovative thinking.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships in a team environment through effective written and
- Ability to work independently to make critical decisions and
analyze complex issues.
- Ability to interpret and apply laws, rules and
- Ability to obtain and utilize sensitive information discreetly
- Above-average office skills including;
- Record-keeping and documentation
- Report generation
- Written and Verbal Communication
- Computer and software (including but not limited to Microsoft
Word and Excel)
- Ability to read, interprets, and input data efficiently and
- Demonstrated understanding of when to escalate concerns to the
appropriate level of management. Experience and Education
Qualifications Coverage Advisor I
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 year of related
- Associate's Degree or equivalent Coverage Advisor II
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of related
- Associate's Degree or equivalent and 1 year of related
- Bachelor's Degree Senior Coverage Advisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 5 years of related
- Associate's Degree or equivalent and 3 years of related
- Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of related experience Special
Requirements, Licenses and Certificates All levels:
- Obtain Property, Casualty, Life & Health licenses or obtain
within 60 days of hire Preferred Qualifications Coverage Advisor I
- One year of Property and Casualty insurance knowledge
- Proven ability to successfully sell Insurance products Coverage
- Proven ability to successfully sell Insurance products
- AINS, API, CISR, Life, AAI, AIS, ACSR, or DI designation
Keywords: Pharmacists Mutual, Austin , Inside Insurance Sales Representative, Sales , Driftwood, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!