Retail Sales Jewelry Clerical
Posted on: April 9, 2021
About: Macy's is proudly America's Department Store. There's a
reason we've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for
fashion, value and celebration. Macy's is also known for giving
back to our communities. The magic of Macy's ultimately comes alive
in our stores, and our store colleagues are the ones making it
happen. They provide outstanding customer service, create a
memorable shopping experience, and drive sales results. A store
position at Macy's (seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the
perfect way to explore the world of retail. Some of Macy's top
executives started their careers as part-time retail sales
associates. Our store positions are ideal for forming
relationships, building teams, and developing leadership skills to
grow your career at Macy's. Macy's stores are ideal for building
capability in creating partnerships, building teams, and developing
the leaders of tomorrow. Macy's is the "Academy" for retail
careers. Store colleague position (whether it's a seasonal job,
part-time retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to
launch a career in the world of retail. Many of Macy's top
executives started their careers in part-time retail sales roles,
or as recent college graduates into our development programs in the
various functions at Macy's. Job Overview: The Jewelry Clerical is
responsible for processing new merchandise and maintaining all of
the records for the Jewelry Department. Other responsibilities
coincide with support and clerical functions. Perform other duties
Macy's uses a scheduling plan that allows our associates to
participate in the creation of their work schedules by managing
availability and identifying preferences. Additionally, during key
events and peak selling times, Macy's may offer additional shifts
to our associates, which they may pick up using the self-scheduling
tool. Essential Functions:
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the priority.
- Proactive in assisting customers who are using technology to
shop and compare, whether Macy's devices or their own.
- Be proficient in POS systems including Search and Send.
- Use RF equipment to scan out damages, transfers, and return to
- Perform price changes as needed and signing as needed.
- Rearrange jewelry cases for new merchandise, season changes,
special events, and clearance sets.
- Perform all aspects of fulfillment process; including, but not
limited to: picking, packing, labeling, shipping and BOPS.
- Process new receipts adhering to company standard.
- Pack all customer sizing, repair orders and outbound shipments
to the Jewelry Center.
- Organize and file shipping, receiving, customer sizing, repair,
sales, and return documentation.
- Be aware of supply inventory and place orders when needed.
- Replenish displays and other products as needed and assist in
the inventory process
- Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of jewelry counters and
- Attend to customer service needs in a friendly and helpful
manner when approached.
- Maintain high customer readiness standards by delivering a
clean, neat, easy to shop store environment.
- Adhere to Asset Protection and inventory control and compliance
- Establish high level of shortage awareness and effectiveness;
ensure that all policies and procedures are implemented.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- No Education or Experience Required
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate
and share information with diverse groups of customers and
- Resourceful and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as
part of a team, and able to adapt quickly to changing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with retail hours,
including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays Physical
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around
store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, color
vision and climbing ladders
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to
perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs This job description is not
all-inclusive, and Macy's Inc. reserves the right to amend this job
description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive work
environment. Candidates for positions in San Francisco ONLY can
review their rights and the Company's obligations under SFPC Art.
49 here. Candidates for positions in Los Angeles ONLY can review
their rights and the Company's obligations under LA MC Ch. XVIII
Art. 9 here. Candidates for positions in Philadelphia ONLY can
review their rights and the Company's obligations under PC Ch.
9-3500 here. STORES00
Keywords: Macy's, Austin , Retail Sales Jewelry Clerical, Sales , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!