"Data" Sales Solution Specialist -Austin/San Antonio
Company: Rackspace, Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2020
At Rackspace we accelerate the value of the cloud during every
phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security
and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get
to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT
investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and
others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to
build the world s best technology services company.
Data Sales Solution Specialist
Location: San Antonio, TX
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for driving new and Installed
Base "data" sales for Rackspace technologies. Responds to sales
inquiries and develops qualified leads through targeted outbound
calling. Responsible for the full sales cycle from lead to close.
May independently close sales opportunities or serve as a technical
advisor in partnership with other sales reps.
SALES CYCLE: 2-6 Months
FOCUS: Sells moderately complex to complex configurations to
primarily to management below the executive level. Has moderate
exposure to selling at the executive level.
* Generates and qualifies customer leads.
* Sells to senior level management, requiring complex
* Operates at a highly transactional pace and acts as a key lever
in building promoter customers.
* Generates outbound calls on potential client leads, occasionally
making client site visits and presentations.
* Uses internal relationships to exceed customer expectations and
provide support to the team.
* Maintains a clear understanding of how existing customers are
using Rackspace solutions.
* Engages and persuades customers and prospects.
* Works with Sales Engineers to ensure client receives the most
accurate and relevant proposals.
* Utilizes Salesforce, proposal tools, and other sales
* Collaborates with sales teams and leaders to increase the
technical knowledge of the specialty product among sales teams and
assist in identifying customer opportunities.
* Understands the Rackspace support model and proactively addresses
potential issues in customer configurations.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
* Minimal supervision required.
* Receives some general direction from manager.
* Strong professional sales expertise to include the sales process
and sales techniques.
* Strong knowledge of complex configurations which apply to
offerings based on customer s needs.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to communicate technical information and ideas so others
* Ability to see patterns and deconstruct problems to develop
* Able to identify multiple causes, effects, and customer
* Must have a customer centric mindset with the ability to
interface with support team on a daily basis.
* Ability to hunt new customers and develop current ones.
* Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small
* Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Bachelor s degree in business, marketing, computer science, or
related field required.
* Requires 4-6 years of experience selling technical products,
software, or SaaS in a B2B environment, OR 6-8 years administration
or engineering experience in the technical area of expertise with
demonstrated knowledge of the sales process.
* Proven track record of exceeding sales and revenue targets,
getting immediate results while building repeatable processes, and
selling innovative technologies to medium and large
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital
transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple
clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud,
innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments.
We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as
one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the
world s best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We
are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being
a Racker a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission
is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their
whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives
fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers &
communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and
want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment
opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender,
gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information,
marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status,
military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin,
race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally
protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need
that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Keywords: Rackspace, Inc., Austin , "Data" Sales Solution Specialist -Austin/San Antonio, Sales , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!