Electrical systems studies engineer
Company: Mott MacDonald
Posted on: November 11, 2019
This is a variable position wit a lot of hands-on engineering. Your
duties will include:
* Perform electrical power system analysis studies including:
* Power/electrical system modelling and performance assessment for
design confirmation and protection studies
* Independently undertake assignments covering the analysis and
protection coordination of existing and proposed power networks
applied to a variety of renewable, offshore, industrial and utility
* Support the design and protection and control team.
* Perform project oversight role with focus on direct client
interaction for suitable small studies projects.
* Participate in and/or lead the effort for estimating/ scheduling
system study work on relevant engineering bids/proposals.
* Senior applicants will be required to mentor junior staff with
respect to running power system studies and peer reviews.
* Perform engineering tasks that require familiarity with the
broader field of engineering.
We invite applications from candidates with the following
* Master s degree in electrical engineering strongly desired,
Bachelor s degree in electrical engineering required.
* 7 to 10 years of experience as an electrical engineer or related
* Must have at least 5 years of prior work experience, project
background experience, in each of the following:
* Power Engineering.
* Power system studies on utility transmission/distribution systems
including: stability (transient and dynamic), long/short range
planning studies, short circuit, protective relay settings, load
flow and contingency analysis, harmonic analysis, and arc flash
* Two or more of the following software packages: PSCAD, EMTP,
PSS/e, PSFL, ETAP, ASPEN OneLiner, SKM/PTW, EasyPower, PVsyst.
* Transmission system protection principles and practices,
including special protection systems, general power system
protection concepts, power utilization equipment and application
considerations including the various types of switchgear,
protective relays, breakers, transformers, and generators.
* Good written and oral communication skills
* PE-Professional Engineer registration is a plus
Mott MacDonald is a $2bn engineering, management and development
consultancy. We re one of the largest and most diverse firms of our
kind in the world with over 16,000 staff working out of 180
principal offices, delivering projects in 150 countries.
Our global business is multisector, spanning buildings,
communications, defense, education, environment, health,
international development, industry, mining, oil and gas, power,
transport, urban development, water and wastewater.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish
version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,
protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual
orientation, citizenship status or disability status.
Keywords: Mott MacDonald, Austin , Electrical systems studies engineer, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!