Service Technician - Class B
Company: Waukesha-Pearce Industries
Posted on: September 13, 2019
Scope of Work:
The Service Technician - Class B performs a range of maintenance,
repair, and service activities on heavy equipment in a developing
capacity, with minimal technical assistance from experienced-level
* The Service Technician - Class B performs routine maintenance
checks and adjustments on such things as fluid levels, hoses,
belts, brakes, tires, and clutches; changes filters and oil
lubricates vehicles and motor driven equipment.
* The Service Technician - Class B will troubleshoot malfunctions
in the equipment and repair.
* Service, diagnoses, repairs and maintains speed tandem drive
axles with air or electric shift, hydrostatic driven, heavy-duty
* Tunes gas and diesel engines, services valves, fuel filters and
turbo chargers, and pressure checks fuel filters, adjust injector
heights, fuel racks, governors, etc.
* Service Technician - Class B will diagnoses problems,
disassembles units, repairs or replaces parts, and reassembles
units in the cooling, drive, brake, electrical, steering, heating,
and air conditioning, hydraulic and air systems.
* The Service Technician - Class B repairs and services track drive
sprockets, rails, idler wheels, hand bars, track adjusters,
hydraulic, reversers, final drives, brake bands, steering clutches,
and hydrostatic transmissions.
* Ensure that all jobs working on are completed and that the work
was done in a proficient and safe manner.
* Make sure that the shop workspace that was utilized is cleaned
after every job is finished.
* Must take advantage of all training that is offered by the
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must High School Diploma or equivalent, accredited trade school
* Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in the construction
and mining machinery industry.
Requirements: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA's)
* Must have a working knowledge of the standard practices,
materials, tools, and equipment used in the repair and maintenance
of machinery and engines
* Must have knowledge of safety issues in the use of tools,
equipment, and supplies used in repair of equipment.
* Must possess skills in the use of a variety of hand tools,
mechanized tools, jacks, and hoists.
* Must possess skills in the use of a variety of diagnostic testing
and tuning equipment, and the use of gas and electric welding
* Must be able to pass and maintain drug and alcohol testing
requirement as outlined by WPI's policy.
* Must be able to lift 50 pounds, and be able to bend and twist
several times a day.
* Must have the ability to read manuals and schematics, rebuild
engines and major driveline components.
* Must maintain good client relations and have the ability to
communicate with other mechanics about repair work needed.
* Must have a current driver's license and acceptable driving
record per WPI insurance carrier standards when driving a company
* Must have the ability to effectively operate test equipment , and
have good trouble-shooting skills.
* Must be able to read hydraulic and electrical shematics.
* Must be dependable and work independently.
* Typical hours of work Monday through Friday; 7:30 a.m. to 4:00
* Weekend hours as necessary.
* May require work in inclement weather conditions and/or hazardous
WPI is an EEO/AA (equal opportunity/affirmative action) institution
and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color,
religion, physical or mental disability, creed, national origin,
veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender
identity, or gender expression in the programs or activities which
WPI es una institució n EEO/AA (igualdad de oportunidad/acció n
afirmativa) y no discrimina en base al sexo, edad, raza, color,
religión, discapacidad física o mental, credo, origen nacional,
estatus veterano, orientació n sexual, infomació n genética,
identidad de género, o expresió n de género en los programas o
actividades los cuales opera.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Disabilities The contractor will not discharge or in any other
manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they
have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the
pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have
access to the compensation information of other employees or
applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot
disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals
who do not otherwise have access to compensation information,
unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or
charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding,
hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the
employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to
Keywords: Waukesha-Pearce Industries, Austin , Service Technician - Class B, Professions , Pflugerville, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!