Production Operations Industrial Engineer
Company: Samsung Austin Semiconductor
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Position SummarySamsung Austin Semiconductor is one of the most
advanced semiconductor manufacturing facilities in the world with
more than 3,000 employees and 2.45 million square feet of floor
space. Samsung Austin Semiconductor has broad semiconductor process
technology offerings serving customers in various application areas
including mobile, consumer, networking/high performance computing,
Internet of Things, RF and automotive. Since 1996, SAS has invested
approximately $17 billion in its Austin, TX campus, making it one
of the largest direct foreign investments in United States history.
Samsung Austin Semiconductor is a US-based subsidiary of Samsung
Electronics Co., Ltd. The Austin facility is one of the few
semiconductor plants the company has outside South Korea. Visit
The production operations engineer will serve as the primary
resource to monitor, analyze, and improve manufacturing metrics for
their assigned products. Responsibilities focus primarily on the
daily support of the production line, bottle neck tool group
analysis, business process development, communication to shifts,
report generation, root cause problem analysis, and the completion
of continuous improvement projects.
SAS is focused on being the World's Best Foundry product
supplier.Role and Responsibilities
- Coordinate daily factory needs with global supply chain group
and takes actions to meet daily customer shipment
- Negotiate product shipment requirements with Global Operations
- Identify and resolve areas of improvement within manufacturing
(Equipment Utilization, Cycle Time Reduction, Bottleneck
- Effectively communicate across the organization to align
manufacturing, production planning, and engineering.
- Lead cross functional teams (Systems Engineering, Capacity
Planning, Production Planning, and Engineering) to improve factory
automated scheduling systems to align with required factory device
- Communicate product performance and supply forecasts to all
levels of the organization
- Analyzes factory capacity limiters to identify capital
investment issues or equipment qualification needs.
- Partners with manufacturing operations team to improve daily
tactical operations methods.
- Shift: 1st - Monday through Friday 8am - 5pm.
Skills and Qualifications
- 4-year degree in Industrial Engineering, or related Engineering
- 1 year minimum experience with demonstrated success in
inventory analysis, production control, capacity planning, lean
manufacturing, six sigma, or project management
- Semiconductor manufacturing experience preferred
- Preferred experience in real time dispatching and automated
- Ability to analyze data, identifies issues, and provides
solutions to closure.
- Able to influence up, down, and across the organization to
- Excellent critical thinking and decision making skills;
recognize 3rd & 4th order effects of a catalyst event
- Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication
skills. Must be able to coordinate and communicating technical
information to and from all levels of the organization.
- A history of "hands-on" approach to problem solving and
countermeasure implementation within own areas of
- Proactive and self-driven approach to overcome challenges and
- Experience in manufacturing sciences (Theory of Constraints,
Lean Manufacturing, Capacity Planning, and Flow Optimization)
defaults according to your location. You can change
Country/Language at the bottom of the page. If you are European
Economic Resident, please click here.
Keywords: Samsung Austin Semiconductor, Austin , Production Operations Industrial Engineer, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!