Maintenance Director - Marquis at Star Ranch
Company: CWS Apartment Homes
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Who We Are
We are honored to be recognized as a multi-award winning
organization, including one of the Best Places to Work in
Multifamily Housing for 2019. At CWS, we recognize these awards are
won because our greatest asset is our people. CWS' competitive
advantage is to hire leaders with qualities which allow them to
successfully interact with colleagues and others in the workplace
and beyond. Through your leadership, you are not just exemplifying
CWS' strategy, you are expressing who you are and what you stand
for as a leader.
Our five core values we embody are: Honoring Our Word, Ethical
Dealings are Paramount, A Respect for People, Requirement for
Profitability and Sustainability, A Demand for Excellence with a
Sense of Urgency.
What We Do
Since 1969, CWS has delivered exceptional living experiences for
our customers. Over the years, our company has expanded and we're
proud to serve more than 60,000 residents and 800 team members
across the country. We believe our success is a product of staying
true to who we were at the onset. As a result, our daily actions
are designed to deliver on our purpose of "Enhancing Lives the CWS
Way." We have a signature style which includes friendly associates,
responsive service, well-designed floorplans, unique amenities, and
What You Will Do
As a Maintenance Director, you'll effectively lead a maintenance
team and actively participate in the maintenance of the physical
condition of the entire community while promoting resident
satisfaction. Here's more of what we'll look for from you:
- Leadership: You'll facilitate a high performing team through
frequent communication and coaching of diverse skillsets to ensure
- Quality Control: You'll provide feedback to the team on their
work, and aren't afraid to roll up your sleeves to help with work
orders and projects.
- Expense Management: You'll review and analyze the property
budget to ensure expenses are maintained within guidelines.
- CWS Values: You'll embrace our core values and set an example
to the team by demonstrating these values on a daily basis.
Lead maintenance team members
- Establish clear performance expectations based on job
descriptions and CWS standards.
- Conduct quarterly connections with team members.
Make ready vacant apartments
- Supervise and monitor the performance of maintenance team.
- Schedule and coordinate the make ready of vacant units
according to CWS Standards.
- Utilize computer reports, checklists and electronic make-ready
boards for up-to-date status of condition of units.
- Ensure all vacant unit condition reports/make ready board are
accurate for the leasing team.
- Actively participate in painting and repairs when needed.
- Coordinate and ensure quality of work performance of vendors
- Monitor overall quality of a make ready unit via inspection
prior to being made ready in Onesite.
Completes service requests
- Assign and coordinate service requests to CWS policy to ensure
- Actively participate in performing service requests and
- Coordinate, solicit bids, and monitor quality of work performed
by vendors and contractors.
- Participate in the call back of service requests to monitor
- Track all service requests through Onesite.
Performs exterior and common area maintenance
- Make regular inspections of the buildings, landscaping, parking
lots, sidewalks, lights, signage, playgrounds, pools, etc. to
ensure CWS standards, and notify Community Director of any problem
- Oversee and troubleshoot maintenance of pools, spas and
amenities. Ensure pool chemical testing is performed daily.
- Monitor trash disposal by outside vendors.
Leads and participates in the CWS Risk Management Program
- Implement and maintain the CWS Risk Management Program.
- Respond to community emergencies such as, major crimes, fire,
weather damage, and serious accidents.
- Using an Incident Report, document damage and/or accidents
involving residents and team members according to CWS
- Notify Community Director of accidents, emergencies or
- Ensure the CWS Safety Policies are in effect.
- Plan, facilitate, monitor, track and participate in regular
- Ensure key control policies are in effect.
- Conduct property inspections to prevent workplace accidents and
promote resident safety.
- Maintain alarms and fire/life safety equipment.
- Document and maintain records of location for all power, water,
and gas cutoffs, clean-outs, traps and fire extinguishers.
Participate in resident satisfaction programs
- Participate in resident activities and preparation
- Participate in resident service programs, when offered.
Maintain Inventory and Shop Organization
- Ensure adequate inventory of parts and supplies are available
according to need and budget allowances.
- Assist Community Director in budget control and budget
- Responsible for inventory control and the physical condition of
all equipment and tools.
- Procure parts and supplies from stores, warehouses, and rental
stores when delivery service is not available, expedient or cost
- Maintain appliance inventory, when applicable.
Lead and participate in preventative maintenance program
- Maintain schedules for interior preventative maintenance
measures, such as filter checks, coil cleaning, leak detection,
- Maintain schedules for exterior preventative maintenance
measures such as light checks, gutter cleaning, tree trimming; gate
inspection and lubrication, sand filter changes, etc.
- Establish preventative maintenance schedules determined by
extreme weather to prevent freeze damage to plumbing and pools, and
prevent icy surfaces/slip & fall conditions, etc.
- Organize and participate in regional S.W.A.T. preventative
Communicate with customers, including residents, investors,
vendors, regional leadership, and other CWS team members.
- Review and respond to emails, correspondence, and
- Distribute company information to team members as received.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to read service requests and schedules in English
- Oral and written communication skills
- Able to adhere to set and variable work schedule, including
weekends and emergencies as required
- Able to adhere to company policies, procedures, and
- Able to establish and maintain effective working
- Able to maintain a professional and ethical atmosphere
- Able to professionally interact with customers, residents, and
- Supervisory/managerial skills
- Able to perform work responsibilities at locations other than
- Able to travel within major metropolitan area and may be
required to attend company functions in other cities
- High school diploma or GED (preferred)
- EPA certification (required); HVAC, Pool and other state and
local certifications (preferred)
- Minimum 2- 4 years previous full-time work experience in
apartment maintenance (preferred), or a trade that requires basic
knowledge of electricity, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and
- Own a valid driver's license with a good driving record and
current automobile insurance
- Own a basic set of hand tools
Keywords: CWS Apartment Homes, Austin , Maintenance Director - Marquis at Star Ranch, Professions , Hutto, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!