Credit Risk Analyst I
Location: San Antonio
Posted on: May 20, 2019
Purpose of Job We are currently seeking talented Credit Risk
Analyst I for our San Antonio, TX facility.
Develops, proposes and delivers credit risk strategies for consumer
lending portfolios to optimize profitable growth within risk
appetite. Owns operational and compliance risk inherent in credit
strategy. Tracks and monitors credit strategy performance as well
as external factors impacting the credit risk exposure for bank
portfolio products within the risk taxonomy. Job Requirements
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for
- Recognizes risks associated with business activities and aligns
with leadership to ensure identified risks are measured, monitored,
- Applies programming and analytical techniques to analyze
- Acquires and applies broad knowledge of the business, its
products, and processes.
- Analyzes business trends for basic and complex products and
provides results for root cause analyses.
- Performs credit risk assessments and recognizes appropriate
credit risk strategies to be developed and implemented. Minimum
- 4 or more years credit risk experience in the financial
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience
beyond the minimum required (8 YEARS EXPERIENCE) that may be
substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, particularly Excel and
- Knowledge of data analysis tools including skills to develop
analysis queries and procedures in SQL, SAS, or other business
intelligence and analysis software applications for data
segmentation, aggregation, and statistics (E.g. SPSS, Python, R or
Visual Basic). *Qualifications may warrant placement in a different
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer
some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes.
Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at
a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Bachelor s Degree.
- Working Experience with programming languages and data
visualization tools, such as SAS, Python, and Tableau.
- Experience in Credit Risk Management.
- Experience working in a large bank environment in a
- Possess a Risk designation or related certifications. The above
description reflects the details considered necessary to describe
the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a
detailed description of all the work requirements that may be
performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in
the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress
environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along
with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our
career path planning and continuing education will assist you with
your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to
help you manage your work and personal life, including seven
cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or
date of placement), or must have manager s approval prior to
Last day for internal candidatesto apply to the opening is 04/02/19
by 11:59 pm CST time.
Associated topics: actuarial, actuarial assistant, actuarial
consultant, actuary consultant, assistant actuary, associate
actuary, probability, retirement actuary, risk, statistics
Keywords: USAA, Austin , Credit Risk Analyst I, Professions , San Antonio, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!