Senior Security Consultant Splunk
Posted on: May 19, 2019
What you'll be doing...
As Senior Security Consultant, you will deliver consulting project
activities, ranging from client identification through final
invoicing through medium to long term engagements requiring varied
interpersonal and technical skills. Your technical responsibilities
include problem identification, system architecture definition,
hardware/software specification and/or design, implementation,
testing, client training, and solution deployment.
Performance is evaluated based on billable hours and contractual
deliverables. Viewed by customers as a subject matter expert (SME),
your performance is measured by delivery of agreed solutions within
budgeted hours. Works on problems of complex scope where analysis
of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to
determine appropriate action.
- Identify, assess and upgrade customer information technology
infrastructure regarding risks and vulnerabilities.
- Document (textual and graphical as appropriate), communicate,
recommend and take appropriate action to resolve, risks and issues
associated with security vulnerabilities across the Customer IT
- Install, implement, and configure Splunk Cloud.
- Develop operation document for SOC operation based on Splunk
- Work independently as an individual contributor and as part of
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have...
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field or
eight or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have...
- A degree in information security or computer science or cyber
security or information technology.
- 10 or more years of technical experience, including at least 5
years in security services.
- 2 or more years of hands-on experience in the following
- Previous consulting experience within a Professional Services
- Industry certification such as CISSP or CCSE or SANS and/or
other Security certifications, such as GCIA or GCIH or GREM or GPEN
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be
- To read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical
- Document procedures that conform to a prescribed style and
- Present information to management, public groups, and/or boards
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people,
transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with
each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable
network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security
solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as,
video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and
benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where
you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in
code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our
employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and
Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Keywords: Verizon, Austin , Senior Security Consultant Splunk, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!