Business Analyst-Value-Based Care
Posted on: May 18, 2019
We Are Hiring Business Systems Analyst - ACM Actuarials -
Full-Time, Days - Seton Medical Center Annex - Austin, TXWhy Join
Ascension? Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization
dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum
of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and
the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed
to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special
attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of
persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000
aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more
than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50
senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of
Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of
services and solutions including physician practice management,
venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical
engineering, facilities management, clinical care management,
information services, risk management, and contracting through
Ascension's own group purchasing organization. What You Will Do As
an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to
evaluate, implement and maintain assigned business systems and
- Assists in evaluating proposals for data collection through an
understanding of the functional area's business and applications
- Assists in planning and implementing activities required for
the collection and analysis of data related to departmental
business needs, including the development of data collection
- Maintains specific departmental data collection systems (e.g.,
databases and spreadsheets) by troubleshooting problems, providing
user support and education and promoting integration with other
- Develops and runs basic queries and other data collection
spreadsheets to support assigned business areas and organizes them
in a format for ease of review and use.
- Distills business processes to key functions and create and
document processes to identify opportunities to automate and/or
improve an existing process.
- Assists in conducting complicated and detailed analyses of data
relative to the applicable business function.What You Will Need
- HS or Equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related
field preferred.Work Experience:
- Three years of progressively responsible experience in the
management of financial systems and financial reporting, financial
data analysis, and/or decision support analytics.
- 1-3 years of experience interpreting user stories and applying
the appropriate technical solutions to deliver operational results
- Experience with fully adjudicated Medical and Rx claims,
Premium, Provider, and/or Supplemental data highly preferred.
Medicare Advantage experience a plus.
- Consulting, business analyst, and/or decision support analyst
experience is a plus.
- Strong SQL skills a must, Tableau and Python skills a
- Strong Business Requirements Development skills preferred.
- Expertise in an Integrated Delivery Network, Insurance
Provider, or TPA preferred.
- Prior experience in Optum applications, the Kimball Enterprise
Data Warehouse model, Hadoop, and/or other application
implementations, or large-scale projects is highly desirable.Equal
Employment Opportunity Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO
rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
" Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only
to individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
from applicants.E-Verify Statement Ascension Health participates in
the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the
E-Verify link below for more information. E -Verify (link to
Keywords: Ascension, Austin , Business Analyst-Value-Based Care, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!