Cyber Security Analyst
Company: Allied Consultants, Inc.
Posted on: February 14, 2019
Overview Allied Consultants, Inc. is an Austin-based firm which has for 25 years been a premier provider of technical and business professionals to clients in Texas. We are currently seeking an experienced Cyber Security Analyst to be a key resource on a technical services team. Allied Consultants offers its family of consultants excellent rates, a local support staff, and an attractive benefits package which includes medical insurance (Allied shares a percentage of the cost), life insurance, a matching 401(k) plan and a cafeteria plan.Candidates selected for interview will be required to undergo criminal background checks and may be required to complete a drug screen in accordance with Federal and State Law. Offers of Employment are contingent on a successful background check
Allied Consultants is an equal opportunities employer. Responsibilities Cybersecurity Analyst I position assists in the maintenance and operation of a variety of security measures and software that perform cybersecurity functions. The worker assists in providing support to the end-user community and ensuring they have up-to-date protection from malicious software and other cyber threats. The worker tests security measures to reduce and mitigate risk. The worker provides reports and other information related to information security issues as requested by management and other groups. Assists in evaluation and analysis of security applications and systems. This position develops competence by performing structured work assignments and receives instruction, guidance and direction from supervisor, manager and/or more experienced colleagues. Duties for this position include:
- Monitors security systems for possible intrusion.
- Assists with risk assessments.
- Interacts with end users concerning malware, spam, vulnerabilities and any other cybersecurity issues.
- Reviews and creates audit reports on user and system activities.
- Actively probes the network for new threats and risks.
- Documents, deploys, reviews and maintains cybersecurity policies, standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Monitors security alerts on internet and other intelligence feeds and assists in determining whether reported threats could impact LCRA information technology or operational technology systems.
- Implements and administers technical security systems including SIEM, VAT, network IDS, antivirus, web and email filters, and firewalls.
- Implements and ensures technical security compliance solutions for NERC, PCI, FBI CJIS, HIPAA and other regulatory requirements.
- Supports cybersecurity incident response activities.
- Documents and maintains objective evidence to demonstrate NERC CIP regulatory compliance.
- May assist in providing technical consulting to other groups within LCRA on security requirements.
- Performs work by traveling independently or with a small team to various locations (substations, power plants, water systems, etc.) as scheduled. The worker should have experience in threat identification, detection, and security event analysis. Qualifications Minimum Requirements: Years Skills/Experience 2 Cybersecurity event triage and analysis 2 Threat detection 2 Experience working in a security operations role responsible for analyzing security events to determine if a cybersecurity incident may have occurred. 2 Skill in analyzing significant volumes of detailed information and understanding the security implications Preferences: Years Skills/Experience CISSP, GIAC, or similar certification intermediate Knowledge of anti-virus and anti-spam technologies intermediate Knowledge of technology hardware and software platforms and systems intermediate Skill in analytical and technical documentation intermediate Skill in verbal and written communication intermediate Skill in articulating complex, technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences intermediate Skill in understanding complex systems across diverse technical platforms intermediate skill level in anti-virus, anti-spam, secure content, network security and web filtering software intermediate Ability to balance and manage competing high priority work demands intermediate Ability to work in a team environment intermediate Ability to conduct sensitive security investigations and maintain confidentiality Apply for this job online Refer this job to a friend - provided by Dice Cyber security, CISSP, GIAC
Keywords: Allied Consultants, Inc., Austin , Cyber Security Analyst, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!