Company: Escobedo Group
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Job DescriptionEscobedo Group is an energetic company at the forefront of innovation in construction, fabrication, and design.We collaborate with architects and engineers all over the world to create unique and meaningful projects that have lasting effect on the built environment.We have a proven record of providing superior quality in all of our work, including some of the most high profile homes and penthouse condominiums.We are 95% vertically-integrated; performing most aspects of the construction process in-house, resulting in more quality control and value to custom designs. Our approach to building luxury residential homes has garnered us international attention.
See an overview of our company and all of our divisions here
CONSTRUCTION SUPERINTENDENTWe are seeking a team member to work as field superintendent for our crew of masons, craftsmen and laborers, most of which have been working for our company for decades. This person values craft, quality, artistry, technology, and innovation. This positionwill require exceptional attention to detail, an inquisitive mindset, and a pro-active and assertive approach to running a crew. This is a full-time position with benefits, and requires a commitment to overtime hours, some out-of-town job-site travel when needed.
This individual must have a high-level understanding of construction processes.This person must be able to work well and freely with others within our company, subcontractors, clients and client representatives.
This person will work alongside an in-house veteran design and project management team that has in-depth knowledge of the quality of our work and the premium standards by which all of our projects are weighed. This person will hold responsibility for and assure that such standards are held in the field so that our project goals are realized when it comes to quality and the timeliness of schedule deadlines.
Superintendent will be required to travel to projects and stay onsite from pre- construction to punch out completion. Experience in high end residential is a must, both free standing and remodels.
* This is a high-energy, fast-paced position involving exclusive clientele. You must understand the high demand of our clients and be able to focus with the incredible attention to detail and precision it takes to make each project successful. There are built-in company incentives for this person if the project runs as expected and our goals are met, making this position highly rewarding to you. Your point of view and connection to your crews is vital to our success. One of the things that sets us apart from most general contracting companies is our dedicated crews. This dedication is largely due to our superintendents. As a result of the high expectations of our company owner, our superintendents are both leaders and mentors to our craftspeople, and are given the opportunity to amass crews that have the ability to grow alongside them for years. Most of our field crew has been with us for several decades.
• Experience in high-end residential construction is highly preferred• Manage day to day project responsibilities from crew supervision, OSHA compliance, sub-contractor coordination, scheduling, City and/or county inspection coordination, etc.• Perform quality control daily inspections with our crews, subcontractors and vendors• Supervise and ensure project is being built to architectural documents and specifications• Layout with precision instruments• Coordinate with Project Manager on construction sequencing• Plan and coordinate equipment needs via site assessment (e.g. site capability to handle heavy equipment loads, on-site materials storage, etc.)• Maintain strict compliance to construction schedule and make changes as necessary to ensure deadlines are met• Maintain timely communication as required with internal Project Manager Coordinate takeoffs based on the project needs for materials, tools and miscellaneous equipment purchasing and delivery, as required• OSHA 10/30 hour
- 10+ years experience as a Superintendent in the construction industry
- 5+ years experience in build-out construction preferred
- Thorough knowledge of practices and techniques required for properconstruction means and methods
- Ability to read and fully comprehend detailed and complex construction plans,drawings and specifications (e.g. architectural plans, shop drawings, foundationplans, etc.)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able to self-motivate and motivate subcontractors / vendors
- Possess a professional demeanor, with ability to maintain good workingrelationships with peers, supervisors and clients
- Possess strong negotiating and problem solving skills
Please NO phone calls or walk-ins. Company DescriptionEscobedo Group is as diverse as the multiple divisions we operate under our roof. We are 95% vertically-integrated; self-performing most aspects of the construction process in-house, resulting in more quality control and value to custom designs.
Keywords: Escobedo Group, Austin , Construction Superintendent, Professions , Buda, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!