Organizational Development Consultant
Company: Ascension, WI
Posted on: October 11, 2018
Job ID: 278767 Organizational Development Consultant Austin, Texas Regular / Day
Additional Job Information
Title: Organizational Development Consultant
City, State: Austin, TX
Location: TXAUS 1345 Philomena Street
Department: Org and Talent Effect Supt 001
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Days M-F, Primary work hours 8-5pm, Can be remote however will need to work from office at times located at 1345 Philomena Street, Austin to partner and collaborate with key stakeholders (especially on Fridays).
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2017, Ascension provided more than $1.8 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs. Ascension includes approximately 165,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. Ascension's Healthcare Division operates more than 2,600 sites of care - including 153 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities - in 22 states and the District of Columbia, while its Solutions Division provides a variety of services and solutions including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension's own group purchasing organization.
The OD&L Consultant contributes to the alignment and deployment of national Organizational Development and Learning initiatives, programs and interventions.
Partners with In-Market HR team, project leadership teams, market executives, and other leaders to enable organization effectiveness, change management, talent pipeline identification, learning and development, and workforce and leadership effectiveness. Analyzes the needs of customers, develops strategies as required, supports the delivery of transformative OD&L related solutions, and evaluates the effectiveness of initiatives.
The OD&L Consultant will serve Ascension and their assigned market by working collaboratively with the OD&L COE ensuring the consistent delivery and implementation of the tools and initiatives developed by the Organizational Development & Learning Center of Expertise (CoE) to support the objectives of the market and aligned with national and regional strategy. He/She must be able to work autonomously to consistently accomplish complex assigned tasks according to project deadlines, schedules, and quality standards.
- Facilitate the in-market delivery of OD&L initiatives, to include delivery strategy, implementation support, and measurement.
- Consult and collaborate with In-Market HR teams, OD&L Program Managers and Coordinators to diagnose organizational, operational, and performance based issues and opportunities to recommend balanced systemic solutions based on a broad spectrum of potential interventions.
- Within market and in alignment with Ascension wide strategy, recommend and/or implement interventions to support cultural enablers, changing business needs, associate engagement, changing workforce needs and appropriate measurement in partnership with applicable OD&L counterparts.
- Serve as primary advisor and subject matter expert within the market for all OD&L initiatives and systemic interventions and coordinate efforts between OD&L COE, HR teams, and other partners (e.g., Marketing & Communications, Formation) to ensure a fully integrated approach.
- Applies expertise to complex challenges within the ministry, subsidiary, and/or LOB to develop actionable and targeted OD&L plans (e.g., change management, culture and engagement, learning & development, strategic workforce planning) to enable effective transitions and enable achievement of business strategy and objectives.
- Partner with HR teams to apply the complete consulting and diagnostic process involving analysis, design input, delivery and implementation support, and evaluation to deliver effective interventions. Make recommendations, or respond to recommendations to improve existing methodologies.
- Keep up to date with and share best practices in OD&L intervention approaches, tools and content resources that promote personal accountability for self-development.
- Leverage network of approved internal and external parties to support content, delivery, and technology needs.
- Troubleshoot and respond to issues to minimize variation and duplication across Ministry Markets and Region/Division, in alignment with national strategies
- Analyzes and interprets data from varying sources and recommends action plans
- Offers mentoring and guidance to others
- Influences groups of people toward common ministry outcomes Qualifications Education:
- High School or equivalent required.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education/related experience required.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Master's degree preferred in OD or HR related field Work Experience:
- Three years of experience preferred.
- Healthcare Experience helpful
- Experience in a large matrix fast paced work environment preferred
- Experience demonstrating the following Competencies: Consulting Agility, Business Acumen, Tech Savvy, Complex Project Management, Managing multiple Competing Priorities, Collaboration, Communication skills, Influence, Change Leadership.
- Experience with the following Key Strategic Initiatives: Performance Management, Employee Engagement, Retention, L&D Program Management, Talent Planning, and Creating a Culture aligned with mission and values. Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Health is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
Keywords: Ascension, WI, Austin , Organizational Development Consultant, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!