Project Engineer: Concrete Construction
Company: Cameron Craig Group
Posted on: September 16, 2018
General Contractor is seeking a self-perform concrete project engineer with at least 1 year of commercial construction experience for their self-perform concrete group.Project engineering will be on commercial projects within these core markets: healthcare, advanced technology, higher education, life sciences, and corporate office, specifically for our self-perform services. The project engineer will work closely with all members of the project team and the self-perform work group, and will be responsible for the following:
- Working knowledge of contract with owner.
- Working knowledge of subcontracts with tiered trade contractors and material vendors.
- Prepare work scopes packages.
- Organize & maintain cost structure.
- Prepare, monitor and update scope(s) schedule.
- Help maintain weekly work plans and implementation of lean construction methods.
- Document schedule impacts to project.
- Identify changes in the project.
- Distribute change documents to all field personnel.
- Prepare estimates of company's change order work.
- Assemble, submit, and complete accurate change request in accordance with owner contact requirements.
- Expedite approval of change orders.
- Attend and document minutes at owner/architect meeting, subcontractor meeting, staff meeting and other meetings; follow through on action items.
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly self-perform team meeting, providing critical updates around project parameters.
- Participate in and apply company's environmental health and safety plan to constantly maintain injury-free environments.
- Assist foremen and field crews in the implementation of company policies and the execution of the project.
- Assist and organize the duties of the field staff. Provide direction, prioritization, performance feedback and coordination to ensure all job duties and project requirements are fulfilled.
- Complete 3 safety jobsite audits weekly Financial Reports – Assist Project manager in:
- Updating pertinent project information relating to labor, productivity, and cash flow.
- Keep all cost, commitment and projection information current in the company job costing system.
- Preparing monthly progress reports by incorporating all new subcontract change amounts, material purchases costs to date and change orders.
- Preparing monthly fee and cost status reports.
- Prepare owner billing by assembling company costs, receiving and reviewing subcontractor/material invoices and organizing the documents in accordance with the owner's requirements.
- Prepare and monitor labor cost reports and job records including:
- Daily site walks and safety reporting.
- Evaluation of construction activities.
- Prepare and monitor equipment and material coding logs.
- Monitor safety inspection and accident logs and reports.
- Record official notices: warranties/guarantees.
- Maintain request for information log.
- Distribute new drawings, changes, approved submittals, RFI responses and other project information to all affected parties.
- Act as purchasing agent under lead foremen's and project manager's direction.
- Assist with scheduling and expediting material, equipment purchases and delivery.
- Identify and expedite long lead items.
- Schedule and expedite submittals of shop drawings, samples, and supplier data for timely approval.
- Schedule tiered subcontractor work and ensure subs are ready on schedule.
- Manage the shop drawings packages such as concrete forms and wall frame detailing.
- Participate and aide in job layout. Verify elevations and dimensions, providing adequate information for field crew completeness.
- Review all vendor shop drawings, product data, samples, manuals, etc. for all compliance with contact documents and coordination with all other items of work.
- Seek and study problems, conflicts, incomplete or ambiguous design information and any other questions/issues presented by subs, vendors, designers, company crews and staff or others. Resolve all promptly including, when necessary, interfacing with designers, engineers or the owner. Document solutions using RFI. Distribute to all affected parties. QualificationsWe are looking for a flexible, detail-oriented team player with the ability to manage multiple tasks, produce quality work, and consistently meet deadlines. The successful candidate will possess:
- Excellent listening skills and strong communication skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex issues.
- Effective participation in team environment.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite, project management software (CMiC or similar), and (not necessary but preferred) On Screen Take Off and Quick Bid.
- 1+ years of experience as a project engineer, preferably within company's core market projects.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management, engineering or related field.
- A strong work ethic and a "can-do" attitude.
- This position is salaried.
Keywords: Cameron Craig Group, Austin , Project Engineer: Concrete Construction, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!