Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: IMEG Corp
Posted on: September 14, 2018
IMEG Corp. is one of the largest engineering consulting firms in the U.S. specializing in high-performing building systems, infrastructure, and construction-related services. Formed in 2015, through a merger of KJWW Engineering Consultants and TTG Engineers, IMEG's strength is our willingness to collaborate and reach beyond the status quo, challenging ourselves to be thought leaders and innovators in the A/E/C industry. The IMEG team has pushed the envelope in infrastructure design and sustainability as demonstrated by our many "firsts" and award recognition.
About This Position:
- Act as Lead Engineer on projects and is able to perform complete electrical systems design according to code requirements
- Research for commercially available equipment and specify equipment needs based on project and available technologies.
- Calculate cost and time schedules for proposed work while monitoring costs throughout all phases of the design project.
- Maintain good client relations, project design notebook and provide documentation for permanent record files.
- Coordinate design and schedule with other disciplines such as architectural, structural, mechanical, clerical and equipment suppliers.
- Document design decisions, meetings, and instructions from clients while monitoring project design progress as related to fee expended.
- Review all project documents for accuracy and completeness prior to requesting a final check.
- Recommend changes and/or improvements that result in less production costs while maintaining and organizing addendum information.
- Recognize potential project problems quickly and seek advice of the Project Manager and/or senior design staff.
- Review design methods, procedures, changes in scope, and client correspondence with the Project Manager.
- Determine project scope, personnel involved, coordinate and work with assigned personnel on project.
- Conduct periodic job site observations and all other services as required by the contract services agreement.
- Mentor junior engineers and/or technicians.
- Other duties assigned by the employer.
- Analysis, design skills, presenting technical information, equipment, quality and focus.
- Proficient in Auto CAD & REVIT.
- Generate project specific spec's & details
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to take lead in multi-discipline coordination.
- Candidate will have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering with 8-10 years of designing electrical systems in the MEP industry
- PE Desired
- Ability to provide a high level of leadership to others
- Ability to perform final quality control check in their area of expertise
IMEG is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, age, veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: IMEG Corp, Austin , Senior Electrical Engineer, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!