Manager II, Logistics Operations
Company: Applied Materials
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Manager II, Logistics Operations - (M2)
- Supervises the daily activities of administrative, technical or
operations support teams. Sets priorities for the team to ensure
task completion; coordinates work activities with other
supervisors. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and
business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager.
Generally does not perform the work supervised.
- Operates in close collaboration with outsourced Logistics
Operations providers and internal organization. Planning Ordering,
Purchasing and Customer Account Specialists in local
- Ensures optimum inventory levels; conducts physical inventories
for verification of inventory levels.
- Determines staffing requirements; ensures effective
recruitment, training, and retention of key staff to enable staff
- Manages/oversees effective warehousing according to
- Manages commitment methodologies and processes.
- Generates necessary documentation, including activity/status
reports, operation review input, and excess/obsolete
- Administers company policies, including yearly performance
review, that directly affect subordinate employees.
- Create and submit claims for AMAT lost or damaged materials and
assist suppliers with their parts claim
- Demonstrates understanding and application of procedures and
concepts within own job family and basic knowledge of other related
- Applies understanding of how the team relates to other closely
related areas to improve efficiency of own team
- Has formal supervisory responsibilities; sets priorities for
and coaches employees to meet daily deadlines
- Uses judgment to identify and resolve day-to-day technical and
- Impacts the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team
and its contribution to the business unit, department or
- Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle
sensitive issues May be required to interact with outside
customers, vendors or suppliers
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global
Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards
at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of
ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a
number of factors including location and level and will vary
depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and
experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package,
candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as
participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex,
sexual orientation, gender id
Keywords: Applied Materials, Austin , Manager II, Logistics Operations, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!