Service Technician III - Plumber
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Our Commercial Service Tech III - Plumber serves as a front-line
resource to service technicians through technical support and
provides guidance and training to other technicians. As a Service
Plumber, you will be responsible for plumbing installation,
maintenance and repair of large or small commercial or residential
equipment. Reads blueprints and drawings to understand or plan the
layout of plumbing, waste disposal or water supply systems. Cuts,
assembles and installs pipes and tubes with attention to existing
infrastructure (e.g. electrical wiring). Installs and maintains
water supply systems.
Established in 1946, TDIndustries has developed into one of
America's - premier Mechanical Construction and Facility Services
companies serving clients through the full life-cycle of a
facility, to include engineering, construction, operations and
maintenance. -For 70 years, our employee-owned company has provided
innovative services that optimize the performance of world-class
mechanical and electrical systems that serve health-care
-facilities, hotels, schools, sports arenas, mission critical
facilities and industrial complexes and other essential
institutions.Our employees, whom we call "Partners" are the heart
of our success and what sets us apart from our competitors. FORTUNE
Magazine recognized TDIndustries as one of the '100 Best Places to
Work', 'Top 50 Training Organizations' and 'Top 30 Companies to
Retire From' due to our solid commitment to the personal and
professional development of each employee.
- Diagnoses plumbing issues through observation, testing and
setup as required by trade/position.
- Performs disassembly and reassembly of large or small
commercial or residential equipment to perform trouble
- Performs planned maintenance and inspections as indicated in
the service agreement.
- Handles the following plumbing repairs: stoppages/cabling,
pumping and backflow testing/repair/replacement, fixture
install/replacement and general troubleshooting or repair, domestic
water/sewer or storm water leak/repair, fixture rough in, pump
replacement/repair, leak locating/line tracing, hydro jetting and
- Responsible for water heater
maintenance/troubleshooting/replacement and boiler maintenance,
boiler pumps and circulating, boiler controller, troubleshooting
and system installation.
- Completes service contracts, quoted projects and demand service
calls as directed.
- Develops long-term relationships with customers and explains
work performed to the customer's satisfaction.
- Communicates and documents project status to all project
- Serves as a front-line resource to service technicians through
- Coordinates the work of subcontractors, and trains and provides
guidance to technicians.
- Coordinates multi-tech jobs, and accomplishes multiple tasks on
multiple projects with minimal impact, if any, between
- Reviews job contract specifications and assists with
- Coordinates work so it aligns with the project and start-up
- Safely drives a motor vehicle and trailer, follows requirements
of company vehicle driving policy and adheres to all company safety
- Completes documentation of invoicing data based on hours worked
and materials/equipment used to complete the service.
- Maintains equipment, tools, and inventory stock on service
- Minimum of 5-7 years of relevant experience as a Service
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Two-year technical degree in related field is preferred.
- Must possess required registrations, professional licenses
and/or certifications as required by the position.
- Required plumbing repair skills:
- Stoppages/cabling, pumping and backflow
- Fixture install/replacement
- General troubleshooting and repair
- Domestic water/sewer or storm water leak/repair, fixture
- Pump replacement/repair
- Leak locating/line tracing
- Hydro jetting and camera.
- Required water heater skills:
- Planned maintenance, troubleshooting and replacement.
- Required boiler skills:
- Planned maintenance, boiler pumps and circulating, boiler
controller (external), troubleshooting and system
- Must have advanced knowledge of service processes, techniques
- Must be able to read schematics and blue prints.
- Performs as self-managed individual.
- Professional demeanor, solid interpersonal skills with good
written and oral communication capability.
- Demonstrates strong business ethics at all times.TDIndustries
is an Equal Opportunity Employer. TDIndustries recruits qualified
applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information,
ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any
other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/ Females/ Protected
Keywords: TDIndustries, Austin , Service Technician III - Plumber, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!