Equipment Technician - $23.62 - $27.42
Company: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Posting Title Equipment Technician II Job Requisition Number
COA089746 Position Number 109919 Job Type Full-Time Division Name
Av - Airline Maintenance Minimum Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalent, plus
four (4) years of experience in repair and maintenance of
electronic controlled pneumatic and hydraulic equipment.
- Experience may substitute education up to four (4) years.
Licenses or Certifications:
- If required, must obtain an appropriate Commercial Driver
License ( CDL ) within ninety (90) days of hire.
- Aviation: Requires a valid State of Texas Class C Driver
License and the ability to meet driver eligibility standards
detailed in the City of Austin Driver Safety Program.
Notes to Applicants
Under general supervision, plan, schedule, and perform tasks in the
assembly, repair, and maintenance of complex or intricate
electromechanical equipment such as Passenger Boarding Bridges,
400hz ground power systems, and Baggage Handling Equipment.
Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities:
1. Conducts routine inspections of equipment.
2. Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of
3. Performs electromechanical repairs to complex equipment.
4. Modifies or refurbishes equipment.
5. Estimates time, labor, and materials for budget or billing
6. Performs welding, braising, or fabrication of some parts.
7. Maintains technical data on equipment to be serviced.
DRIVING REQUIREMENT :
This position requires a Texas Class C driver license in good
standing or the ability to acquire one by your hire date. External
New Hires must meet the City of Austin's Driver Record Evaluation (
DRE ) requisite . To be considered for a driving position,
applicants cannot have more than three moving violations or a total
of six Driver Record Evaluation points within a period of
thirty-six (36) months. Job Offer is contingent on having a driving
record that meets the City's Driver Record Evaluation
A skills assessment will be required for this position.
ON CALL / CALL BACK RESPONSIBILITIES
Position may require on-call or call-back responsibilities.
Shift work includes shift differential incentives for evening and
night shifts and weekends.
This position is categorized as essential personnel. Essential
personnel are required to come to work during emergencies or bad
weather at the airport if they are scheduled to work and, in some
cases, when they are not scheduled.
APPLICATION INFORMATION :
- A detailed and complete employment application is required to
help us better evaluate your qualifications and will be used to
determine salary if you are selected for this position.
- Please list your complete employment history, to include all
job duties, responsibilities and employment dates on your online
- The application is an official document; incomplete
applications will not be considered (i.e., "see resume" or "see
- Resumes will not be used to qualify for the position and will
not be used to recommend salary.
- Supplemental information or changes to your application will
not be accepted after the job posting closes.
- The responses to the supplemental questions inquiring about
experience should be reflected on your application.
Veteran candidates will be required to provide a copy of their
DD214 at the time of interview.
CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECK :
Top candidate will be subject to a minimum 10 year criminal
background check and security threat assessment.
GOOD STANDING - DEPARTMENT / DIVISION POSTINGS :
Employees, in Good Standing, who are candidates within the
department/division that the position resides in and who meet the
minimum and preferred qualifications (if any) of the position will
be included in the initial interview. Department/division employee
must remain in Good Standing through the Top Candidate Selection
phase at which time the Good Standing status will be
Must have the ability to read, write, and fluently speak in
Overtime may be required with or without notice.
Shift may change according to departmental needs; work hours may
include after-hours, holidays, and weekend work.
DEPARTMENT MAY CLOSE THIS JOB POSTING AT ANY TIME AFTER 7 DAYS
$23.62 - $27.42
Sunday - Wednesday 1:30 PM -12:00 AM
Wednesday - Saturday 1:30 PM -12:00 AM
- Hours may change depending on departmental needs.
- Work hours may include after-hours, holidays, and weekend
Job Close Date 09/14/2023 Type of Posting External Department
Aviation Regular/Temporary Regular Grant Funded or Pooled Position
Not Applicable Category Technical Location Austin Bergstrom
International Airport Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in the installation, maintenance, and/or repair of
electromechanical conveying equipment or passenger boarding
bridges. Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties
may be assigned.
- Develops weekly schedules for periodic maintenance and
trouble-shooting. Records work performed and parts used for billing
- Communicates with equipment users regarding schedule of
periodic maintenance and other maintenance needs.
- Conducts routine inspections.
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting of
equipment. Orders/issues parts and supplies.
- Performs electromechanical repairs to complex equipment.
- Modifies or refurbishes equipment.
- Estimates time, labor, and materials for budget or billing
- Performs welding, braising, or fabrication of some parts.
- Maintains technical data on equipment to be serviced. Maintains
inventory of parts.
- Monitors contracted maintenance services.
Responsibilities- Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
May lead and train others.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience
and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable
accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be
- Knowledge of symbols used in engineering drawing, circuit
diagrams or schematics.
- Knowledge of basic operations of small electric motors and
pneumatic or hydraulic pumps.
- Knowledge of safety in repair of energized electronic
- Knowledge of operational function of equipment to be assembled
repaired or maintained.
- Knowledge of testing of electronic components.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in performing
electromechanical equipment and component repair.
- Knowledge of complex electrical systems.
- Knowledge of City practices, policies, and procedures.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Skill in handling multiple tasks and prioritizing.
- Skill in planning and organizing.
- Ability to test and calibrate equipment or controls to close
- Ability to follow written specifications and interpret
engineering drawings, circuit diagrams, schematics, or procedures
for assembly or repair.
- Ability to lead and train others.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships
with other City employees and the public.
Criminal Background Investigation This position has been approved
for a Criminal Background Investigation. EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during
the application process or have a question regarding an essential
job function, please call (512) ###-#### or Texas Relay by dialing
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or
employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender
identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual
orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in
employment decisions on the basis of an individual's AIDS , AIDS
Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate
against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV
infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within the
department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and
preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial
Keywords: Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, Austin , Equipment Technician - $23.62 - $27.42, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!