Structural Engineer- Transportation
Posted on: March 20, 2023
BGE, Inc. is a nationwide consulting firm that provides services
in civil engineering, planning, landscape architecture,
construction management, survey, and environmental services for
public and private clients. Our employees enjoy a comprehensive
benefits package such as outstanding health care, generous 401(k)
match, career mapping and highly competitive time away from work
programs to include remote work options, dependent care, and
- Performs structural engineering associated with public works
projects, tunnels and access shaft design, bridge design and heavy
highway construction including reinforced concrete design,
structural steel design, prestressed concrete design, deep and
shallow foundation analysis and design, complex retaining walls and
systems, and maintenance/hydraulics access junction boxes
- Conceptualizes the initial structural design approach for major
phases of small to large projects or has overall responsibility for
the structural engineering work on a project of a limited or larger
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates structural
engineering work, and supervises the design and ongoing progress of
a project, including the coordination of the project with City,
State, and County officials, and other outside agencies.
- Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting
design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials,
difficult coordination requirements).
- Serves as a liaison between clients and agencies,
subcontractors, and design teams.
- Reviews plans and prepares or reviews technical specifications,
contract documents, and estimates.
- Plans, schedules and conducts or coordinates construction
services on projects of moderate to large scope.
- Supervises the work of less experienced engineers and/or
technical support personnel assigned to the project.
- Assist in the management of projects.
- Holds membership in professional associations and participates
on company committees.
- Performs other duties assigned by a Senior or Lead Engineer,
Project Manager, or Supervisor Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or related field with an
emphasis in Structural Engineering
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Texas, or ability to
have registration as a Professional Engineer in Texas within (60)
days of hire date
- A minimum of 5 to 10 years of progressive work experience in
the civil/structural engineering field
- Experience with structural services in the delivery of TxDOT
Plans, Specifications, and Estimates
- Experience with design of water/wastewater, tunnels, drainage,
highway, marine, rail, and airport structures a plus.
- In depth knowledge of American Concrete Insutites (ACI),
American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC), Minimum Design
Loads for Structures, ASCE 7, and American Association of State
Highway Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Load and Resistance
Factor Design (LRFD) Bridge Specifications. Some knowledge of
American Railway Engineering and Maintenance-of-Way Association
(AREMA) a plus.
- Experience with STAAD or alternate structural engineering
modeling software, other structural software, MDX, CSi, LEAP,
LPILE+, Bentley Engineering products (OpenBridge design/modeling)
- Demonstrated ability to supervise subordinates performing
structural engineering analysis, design and contract document
- Ability to coordinate all phases of a project
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- In-office work is required, but we offer limited remote work as
BGE is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We
prohibit discrimination and all employment is decided on the basis
of qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin or any other classification protected by federal,
state or local laws.
Keywords: BGE, Austin , Structural Engineer- Transportation, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...