1st Level Field Service Technician / Engineer - Employee
Posted on: March 18, 2023
How brave are you? We are a high-tech company providing machine
tools and laser technology, and are looking for people who can face
new challenges with a fresh mind. As an independent family company,
we offer you the freedom and trust to put your brave ideas into
practice. With you on board, we would like to power ahead with the
digital networking of the manufacturing industry. Our passion and
creative drive ensure that we are an innovative force - across the
globe at over 70 TRUMPF locations. Support TRUMPF customers in
North America as a part of the technical service group.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair TRUMPF equipment
with high quality.
- Participate in training lasting approximately 5 - 6 months,
with on-going training on existing and new products.
- Complete basic retrofits, software installations and customer
- Complete paperwork on time with high quality
- Work independently to resolve technical problems and maintain
good relationship to customers
- Provide on-call 24/7 telephone support as required, as a part
of rotating on-call support
- Adhere to all company guidelines
- Any additional responsibilities as deemed necessary by
- Must be located, or ability to relocate, within 45 minutes of
Austin-Bergstrom International AirportTravel
- 100% travel both domestically and internationally as
- Overnights requiredPhysical Requirement
- Heavy lifting, climbing, pushing and/or pulling objects that
can exceed 70 lbs.
- Able to work in extreme conditions including but not limited
to; hot, cold or dirty environmentsEducation & Experience
- Two-year technical degree in engineering or related field
preferred, or combination of training and work experience
- 2 or more years of experience in technical service, field
service, repair or customer service required
- Strong electrical and computer systems experience and high
level of diagnostic skills
- Previous experience with robotics, lasers, automation systems
or mechatronics required.
- Experience with TRUMPF equipment considered advantageous.
- Previous experience with hand tools and measurement tools
- Must have strong problem-solving and excellent organization
- Ability to conduct root cause analysis, document findings and
explain to both external and internal customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Microsoft Office; Word; Outlook; Excel and PowerPointTRUMPF
Inc. reserves the right to revise or change job duties and
responsibilities as need arises. The job description does not
constitute a written or implied contract of employment.TRUMPF is an
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status. This
policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and
procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation,
benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of
Keywords: TRUMPF, Austin , 1st Level Field Service Technician / Engineer - Employee, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...