Site Coordinator - Tyler, TX
Company: Texas Association of Museums
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Collaborate with the Discovery Science Place (DSP) Education
Director to market, book, and complete on-site visits for three DSP
mobile units. Major Responsibilities/Duties/Critical Tasks
- Work with DSP executive director and education director to
identify opportunities to schedule visits for DSP mobile
- Work with DSP office manager to book mobile units for
- Travel to educational sites to deliver K-12 STEM programming
using mobile units.
- Supervise graduate student worker on visits necessitating
- Work closely with The University of Texas at Tyler Office of
Admissions to utilize best practices related to student
- Travel across the region and state to deliver and present STEM
programming for K-12 students.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Minimum Required
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 4 years of teaching experience.
- Generalist 4-8 Composite Science certification.
- Master's Degree preferred. Accompanying Knowledge, Skills,
Abilities and Competencies
- Teach a wide range of students from Kindergarten to 12th
- Drive panel trucks and 32-foot truck/trailer.
- Travel, including weekends and evenings. About The University
of Texas at Tyler The University of Texas at Tyler is part of the
prestigious University of Texas System that includes 14
institutions located throughout the state. Founded in 1971, UT
Tyler today enrolls more than 10,000 students and consists of six
colleges. Our beautiful -Tyler -campus features more than 200 acres
nestled along a lake and surrounded by thick pine and oak forests,
providing a picturesque location for study and recreation. For
student convenience, we also maintain regional campuses in
-Palestine -and -Longview, as well as a location in -Houston. We
encourage you to -visit our campus -and see for yourself why UT
Tyler is where you'll feel at home-and find your best path.
Additional Information The retirement plan for this position is
Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS), subject to the position
being at least 20 hours per week and at least 135 days in length.
EEO/AA Statement The University of Texas at Tyler is an Equal
Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual
orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, among
other things, or status as a qualified individual with a
disability. Women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals
with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Or go to Careers at
UT-Tyler and search for "Discovery"
Keywords: Texas Association of Museums, Austin , Site Coordinator - Tyler, TX, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!