Facilities Maintenance Technician
Posted on: November 26, 2022
At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees
thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we
strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and
purpose, and we do the right thing always. Through a respectful,
inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the
opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and
join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and
improve people's lives.
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and
contribute to our growth, we're looking to add a Facilities
Maintenance Technician located in Austin, TX.Reporting to the
Facilities Manager, the Facilities Maintenance Technician's role
involves performing semi-skilled and skilled maintenance and repair
work on facilities and equipment.
What a typical day looks like:
- Perform corrective and preventive maintenance on HVAC systems
(DX units, mini-split, package units, and chill water air
handlers), chillers, boilers, vacuum systems, air compressors,
- Inspects facilities, prioritizes necessary repairs,
improvements and preventive maintenance; follows all safety rules
and regulations to minimize risk and enhance the safety of
employees and visitors; checks property and grounds for unsafe
conditions, and clears hazards; reports safety conditions, security
issues and illegal activities.
- Troubleshoots and perform diagnostics for repair of electrical,
plumbing and mechanical systems.
- Performs a variety of skilled and semi-skilled facilities
maintenance, preventive maintenance, component replacement and
repair tasks, including carpentry, mechanical, security systems and
basic non-licensed electrical, plumbing; operates hand and power
- Reads and interprets project work orders; identifies material
and equipment needs, and organizes supplies and equipment; prepares
written reports as required and documents the work performed.
- Cleans up spills and unsafe conditions in a timely manner and
according to procedures.
- Inspects and maintains assigned equipment and small tools for
proper operating condition; completes minor repairs on equipment as
needed.The experience we're looking to add to our team:
- Typically requires a minimum of 5-7 years of related
- Understanding of fire suppression systems (wet & dry)
- Knowledge of utility plant electrical and mechanical systems
(Chillers, Boilers, Compressors, chill/hot water air
- Building automation systems - Schneider struxureWare.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems and use of DMM, amp
probe. Low voltage
- Must be licensed or have ability to become licensed in the
state of Texas for HVAV (Flex will reimburse)What you'll receive
for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection
decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We
celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race,
religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy
status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to
provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for
assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any
accommodations you may need by e-mailing:
Keywords: Flex, Austin , Facilities Maintenance Technician, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!