Business Analyst I - P&C insurance exp. required
Company: PEAK6 InsurTech
Posted on: November 26, 2022
PEAK6 InsurTech began with the vision to bring our innovative
drive and technology to the insurance sector. Today PEAK6 InsurTech
is comprised of We Insure and Team Focus Insurance Group.
Challenging the status quo and innovating the insurance industry is
what we do. We think that there are better ways to get things done,
so we decided why not do it ourselves? We're not your parents'
insurance company - we know that as times change so should the
industry. PEAK6 InsurTech having We Insure, National Flood
Services, and Team Focus Insurance Group on our side gives us the
ability to offer more and expect more. We know that insurance can
be complicated, which is why we are here to change what you think
about the industry.
PEAK6 InsurTech knows that technology rules just about everything,
which is why we wanted to bring insurance to the 21st century. We
threw the rule book out the window and are forging our own path in
the industry, and we want you to join us. Not sure you know enough
about insurance? We will teach you everything you need to know to
help you grow into your role and get setup for the future. Joining
PEAK6 InsurTech is not just a job, it's a career path.
Team Focus Insurance Group has been serving the property and
casualty insurance industry for 75 years, meaning we have a deep
and rich understanding that reaches back generations. This coupled
with the backing of PEAK6 InsurTech gives us more power to help us
innovate and excel in an industry that we have a storied history
with but also learn more about every day.
Team Focus Insurance Group and PEAK6 InsurTech value teamwork and
camaraderie - we know that working with great people makes you love
your job even more, which is why we are looking for talented
professionals who work well together. Partnership and innovation
are what drives us, so if you want to develop a career, gain a
sense of purpose and accountability all while having fun, we want
you to join our team. Learn how we are ensuring the success of our
customers, our partners and our people and apply today.
We are looking for a Business Analyst to work closely with our
P&C insurance carrier clients to learn about their business
needs as it relates to the functionality of our PolicyPort
application. Leveraging their knowledge of underwriting and
insurance processes, the Business Analyst I develops and documents
business requirements that assists resources on the Product
Delivery team in the development and implementation of a quality,
enterprise web-based insurance processing application and
* Develops and documents business solutions for business problems
and translates those solutions to technical personnel and sees
those solutions through the delivery process.
* Develops quality documentation in support Strategic Outsource
operations and ensures estimates and BRD's are developed and
delivered in a timely manner, with accuracy.
* Coordinates with the technical team during technical architecture
design, development and delivery of product changes and
* Participates in business and technical requirements reviews and
seeks to improve the application workflow for the betterment of our
* Responds to production issues in a timely manner and assists
Strategic Outsource in their triage of production issues.
* Provides all necessary support to new team members to ensure they
gain a complete understanding of the PolicyPort application.
* Provides business guidance and support to ensure the future
viability of the PolicyPort application.
* Bachelor's degree in Risk Management, Insurance, Business or
Computer Science required
* 5+ years of experience in a Business Analyst role; P&C
Insurance experience required
* Previous experience utilizing a core insurance application suite
* Working knowledge of MS Office Suite & Office 365
* Experience with SQL queries and related tools required; other
scripting language is a plus.
* Familiarity with SDLC, Agile methodology, SCRUM, JIRA, a
* Strong customer service-oriented approach yet be able to
articulate and suggest other potential pathways of accomplishing
objectives - never be afraid to ask, "what if".
* Excellent organization and time management skills with the
ability to multi-task, juggle multiple priorities and function in
an agile environment.
* Must be flexible to work in a fast paced environment with tight
Please visit us on the web to learn more:
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $63,200.00 - $79,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Health savings account
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Parental leave
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* Bonus pay
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Suite 500 Chicago, IL 60604: Reliably commute or planning to
relocate before starting work (Required)
* property & casualty: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Austin, TX 78702%58047475%
Keywords: PEAK6 InsurTech, Austin , Business Analyst I - P&C insurance exp. required, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!