Investment Analyst III - IV
Company: CFA Institute
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Our mission is simply stated: ERS offers competitive benefits to
enhance the lives of its members. Each team member across the
agency contributes to our ongoing success.
Seeking Investment Analyst to perform advanced to highly advanced
fundamental public and private real estate investment research and
analysis for the Investments Division. Work involves maintaining a
high level of knowledge with respect to geographic regions,
industries and companies inside and outside the United States. Work
is performed under limited to minimal supervision, at the direction
of the Managing Director of Real Assets and Directors of Real
Estate and allows considerable extensive latitude for the use of
self-initiative and independent judgment.
Essential Responsibilities includes, but is not limited to:
- Conduct fundamental company, sector and macro research and
analyses. Make stock recommendations to portfolio
- Monitors performance of assigned securities and communicate
investment ideas with portfolio manager(s).
- Coordinates with the Managing Director of Real Assets and
Directors of Public and Private Real Estate, Portfolio Manager(s)
and/or Real Estate Consultant to conduct due diligence and analysis
to assist the investment decision process.
- Maintain existing spreadsheets or create new ones related to
the analysis of public real estate securities utilizing Bloomberg,
FactSet, Green Street or other data providers.
- Generate charts and other reports in FactSet or Excel to
support the analysis of the public real estate securities portfolio
which may include macro-economic data.
- Analyze company-specific information. Build and maintain
securities valuation and macro models to help with investment
- Meet with company management, sell side analysts, industry
experts and senior principals at private real estate firms to
support real estate analysis.
- As needed, support the private real estate team including
assisting in the underwriting process and the quarterly monitoring
process utilizing the applicable database, custodian reports and
consultant reports. Generate and/or design reports in private
markets software or Excel.
- Attend conferences domestically and abroad as needed, both
virtually and in person as appropriate.
- Complies with CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of
- Complies with ethics standards and restrictions on personal
investment activities set forth in the ERS Investment
- Complies with the ethical standards and personal investment
disclosure requirements set forth in the IPS and the Standards of
Conduct for the Investments Division as set forth in the IIP.
For Investment Analyst IV, you will perform the above duties in a
highly advanced and complex manner with greater responsibilities
Required Minimum Qualifications: Your application for employment
must reflect how you meet each of the following minimum
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a
minimum 24 semester hour's credit in finance, economics, accounting
and/or management or a combination of the four. (Each year of
related experience over the required minimum may be substituted for
12 semester hours of the specific course requirement).
- One (1) year of full-time professional financial management or
Preferred Qualifications: Your application for employment should
reflect how you meet the following preferred qualifications:
3. Undergraduate degree major in business, finance, economics or
4. Experience in real estate, financial institutions, alternative
asset managers or investment banking analyst program.
5. An interest in real estate demonstrated through coursework or
prior work experience.
6. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation or current
participation in CFA program or certification as a Chartered
Alternative Investment Analyst (CAIA).
PLEASE NOTE: All applications should contain complete job history
entries, which includes job title, dates of employment, name of
employer, supervisor's name and phone number and a description of
duties performed. If this information is not submitted, your
application may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do
not take the place of this required information.
Other Information: ERS operates in a hybrid work environment, with
flexible work schedules available to all employees. Domestic and
international travel may be required. This position may require
access to privileged, confidential, or sensitive data. ERS will
conduct either a TXDPS or FBI criminal history check on all new
hires. For more information about this policy inquiries can be made
Military Occupational Specialty Codes:
There are no equivalent Military Occupational Specialty codes
assigned to this position. Please contact Human Resources at with
questions or for additional information.
How to Apply: Submit the following to the ERS Human Resources:
- A State of Texas Application for Employment (resumes will be
accepted only as supplements to a State of Texas Application for
- An ERS Qualifications Form.
The above forms may be located at this link: . Please contact a
Human Resources representative if you need assistance or require
accommodation during the application process.
Relay Texas TDD: (800) 735-2989
Keywords: CFA Institute, Austin , Investment Analyst III - IV, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!