Ready Mix Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Round Rock/Hutto, TX)
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job ID: 457185Texas Concrete is a locally-based construction
company and building materials supplier, which is a A CRH Company,
the largest asphalt, ready mix and aggregates producer in North
America. Texas Concrete is part of CRH's growing Texas-based
network of 47 locations and over 1,200 employees statewide. Ready
Mix Customer Service RepresentativePosition OverviewThe dispatcher
processes and coordinates the phone sales and distribution of
concrete products for multiple plants. Responsible for staffing
personnel based on customer orders. Requires day-to-day
communication with other employees and customers.Key
Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Dispatch must be aware of special jobsite conditions that
require specific trucks, spacing, slump requirements, etc.
- Dispatcher needs to be familiar with the delivery area and must
be able to assist lost drivers in finding jobsites, determine
travel times to jobs.
- Dispatcher must be customer service minded and, be able to keep
a level head under stressful conditions.
- Responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations
for safe working procedures and environment. Wear personal
protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production
areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA.
- Follow directions of Foreperson as to daily tasks and
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers,
supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Reliable attendance is essential to performance in this
role.Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty
- Minimum high school/general education degree (GED)
- Previous related experience in dispatch for concrete or
transportation preferred but willing to train the right
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.Work Requirements
- Communicate effectively with customers as well as truck drivers
to dispatch orders in a timely and efficient manner.
- Must provide excellent customer service by phone; scheduling
and organizing large numbers of people and equipment efficiently
- Handle multiple tasks concurrently and perform under
- Perform opening and closing procedures.
- Must be able to act quickly and creatively to solve problems;
work independently and make decisions.
- Utilize GPS tracking software and enter orders into dispatch
scheduling software; ability to quickly learn different software
- Perform preventative maintenance to plant equipment.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements, policies, and
procedures as outlined in the employee policy manual.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Work in a team environment and assist co-workers or
supervisors/managers with other duties as required.
- Available to work overtime, nights and weekends when necessary.
Reliable attendance is essential in performance of the role.
- Travel and work away from home when necessary.Knowledge/Skill
- Knowledge of concrete products, concrete mix designs and
suitability for their intended use; weights and measures laws and
regulations; trucks and transportation requirements and
regulations; local area and distances for pricing and
- Must possess excellent verbal skills.
- Read and understand maps.
- Proficient computer knowledge.Physical RequirementsThe physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of
- Extensive radio and phone conversation.
- Bend: flexion of the upper trunk forward while standing and
knees extended or knees flexed when sitting.
- Reach: extend the hands and arms in any direction. Work
- Noise: sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to
cause marked distraction.
- IndoorsThe statements included in this job description are not
intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and
criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties
may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject
to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programsAbout CRH AmericasCRH Americas has
a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest
corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family
businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized
enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH
Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure,
letting you work in a small company environment while having the
career opportunities of a large enterprise.CRH Americas is a great
place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite
you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your
online application and profile which will be sent directly to the
appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH
Americas family!Texas Concrete is an Affirmative Action and Equal
Opportunity Employer. EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more,
please click on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Austin , Ready Mix Customer Service Representative/Dispatcher (Round Rock/Hutto, TX), Professions , Hutto, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!