Production Supervisor - Oak Hill
Company: Goodwill Central Texas
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJoin our Goodwill family and receive a $750
bonus! Inquire with one of our Recruiters for more details!
COMPENSATION$15.00/hour COMPANY:Established in 1958, Goodwill
Central Texas is a non-profit organization that has transformed
thousands of lives through the power of work. We are the leader in
workforce development, one of the largest employers in our region,
and a cornerstone of the community. Our mission is funded through
our donation-driven retail stores, comprehensive business and
staffing solutions, and generous community support. Our vision is
to empower every Central Texan to transform their lives through
work and education. Join the team whose work empowers people to
transform their lives!COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND
INCLUSION:Goodwill Central Texas is committed to fostering,
cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion in
which all employees are valued for their skills, experience and
unique perspective. This commitment is embodied in our company
policies and in the way we do business. Working together as a
diverse and inclusive organization is essential to our success.We
embrace and encourage our employees' differences in age, color,
disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or
expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability,
political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation,
socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics
that make our employees unique.POSITION SUMMARY:Assists the
Assistant Manager to supervise processors and donation attendants
and coordinate production activities to include, but not limited
to, salvage/recycling production, hanging standards, receiving of
donations, pricing standards, and warehouse maintenance.ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist to oversee the production process for all donation
functions, inventory control, and adherence to the agency's
- Supervises and trains employees in the proper processing and
- Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening,
production, and closing operations including work on weekends and
- Fulfils the duties of all production staff (if needed) to
include providing excellent customer service to donors, greeting
donors and safely unloading donations from vehicles, completing
donor receipts, sorting and processing donated items into
designated categories, and pricing donated items.
- Maintain production levels and quality of merchandise to the
sales floor, including appropriate display of donated goods.
- Assist in completing store reports, maintaining production
records, and other accounting duties.
- Inform employees of store and production goals and assigns
duties to ensure goals are met.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITY:Responsible for supervising and training all or some
of the following positions: Donation Attendant, Merchandise
Processor, Sales Associate.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent and at least 1 year of
- Ability to effectively communicate in English, verbally and in
- Ability to perform simple math computations, including
- Sufficient eyesight and manual dexterity to differentiate
between and classify items.
- Ability to bend and lift 35 pounds frequently.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours
per 8-hour shift).
- Basic working knowledge of computer applications and the
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to coach and direct employees.
- Adhere to work schedule.BENEFITS:
- Health insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- 403b matchWe look forward to hearing from you and having you as
part of our Goodwill Team!All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin,
disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic
information, or other legally protected status.Powered by
Keywords: Goodwill Central Texas, Austin , Production Supervisor - Oak Hill, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!