Senior Engineer - Electrical
Company: HBK Engineering, LLC
Posted on: August 6, 2022
HBK Engineering is searching for a Licensed Electrical Engineer.
Our firm offers a professional work environment, excellent
benefits, competitive salary and growth potential.
This position offers the opportunity to lead a project team
consisting of engineers and designers involved in the design,
modification, and analysis of new and existing distribution
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating,
trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of electrical
- Act as the Electrical team lead in the coordination of detailed
design phases for all aspects of electrical engineering work.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily,
on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate systems design activities to ensure installation and
operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client
- Prepare documentation for design input for drawing
- Interface with vendors to prepare materials and equipment
purchase specifications for client recommendations.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information
in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others
including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Travel Required as needed.
- A BSEE degree required, MSEE preferred.
- PE license required in either the state of Illinois
- 10+ years of experience in electrical design of institutional
buildings is required
Essential Skills And Experience
- Knowledge of engineering standards including NEC, NESC, NEMA,
IEEE and ANSI.
- Experience in the design of electrical engineering systems in a
project team environment for electrical distribution systems
including the selection of equipment (transformers, metal clad
switchgear), materials, and the preparation and assembling of
calculations and specifications.
- Three or more years of experience in leading an engineering
design team through all phases of a project design.
- Technically knowledgeable of available equipment and proven
pre-engineered systems to execute systems design.
- Overhead and underground electrical utility distribution
infrastructure design (primary or secondary)
- Experience working within and utilizing existing utility
- Experience with creating construction work package designs,
scheduling, unit estimating systems, outage analysis and joint use
- Experience with cable and joint replacement as well as line and
facility upgrade projects
- Experience with complex urban underground network systems
including circuit development, neutral networks and switch
- Experience with serving as firm/client liaison in a support or
lead engineering role.
- Experience in reviewing design drawings created by others.
Valued But Not Required Skills And Experience
- PMP Certification.
- Construction and start-up experience a plus.
- Commissioning experience a plus.
- Owner specific design interfaces / tools, for example ComEd has
- Involvement with system planning / system improvements
- Overhead electrical transmission line design experience.
- Surveying experience is a plus.
- Use of appropriate surface geophysical methods (i.e., pipe and
cable locators, terrain conductivity methods, resistivity
measurements, metal detectors, Ground Penetrating Radar, etc.) to
designate existing subsurface utilities or to trace a particular
- Familiarity with ASCE Standard Guideline for the Collection and
Depiction of Existing Subsurface Utility Data CI/ASCE 38-02
Offers contingent upon satisfactory results from our standard
background check and receipt of results of a satisfactory drug
screening test from a location specified by HBK.
Keywords: HBK Engineering, LLC, Austin , Senior Engineer - Electrical, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!