Electrical Lead Man
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for monitoring installations ensuring
work is performed according to Company standards and the contract
documents. Manage crews to ensure they are used efficiently and
properly. Work with the foreman to help manage portions of the
project and employees. Be responsible for the productivity, safety,
quality control, scheduling, procurement of materials, and any
other activity impacting the successful completion of the
project.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
satisfactorily perform each essential duty and accept each
- Perform all duties and responsibilities of an Electrician (see
Electrician Job Description)
- Understand his/her assigned portion of the project
- Communicate effectively with foreman and crew.
- Be courteous and cordial to our customers.
- Assure all work performed meets with all NEC, federal, state,
county, local codes and contract documents.
- Assure the proper safety equipment and tools are on site to
perform the required work.
- Assure the proper materials are on site to perform the required
- Assure productivity by effectively managing his/her time and
crew members' time.
- Establish high performance and quality standards.
- Establish project goals and monitor success in reaching those
goals on an ongoing basis.
- Fully utilize a Pre-Fab facility and follow standard
- Anticipate potential problems; be proactive and take action
before they become real problems.
- Be an enthusiastic and motivating leader.
- Assure his/her crew members start and finish each work shift on
time each day.
- Maintain proper meal break start and stop time as per the
Employee Handbook and legally required rest break as per local
labor laws and regulations.
- Maintain complete and accurate "as-builts" per Company
- Understand and implement Bergelectric's Affirmative Action
Policy (Employee Handbook)
- Be aware and follow Bergelectric's Unlawful Harassment
- Be aware of and follow Bergelectric's Code of Business
- Conduct all business in compliance with the Company's Employee
- Implement Bergelectric's safety policies and procedures and
assure a safe work environment for all personnel. Ensure all
personnel comply with self protective verification,
lockout/tag-out, assured grounding, and start up and energizing
policies and procedures.
- Prevent all work on energized parts, equipment, or systems
unless authorized by Responsible Supervision.
- Be a team player - a positive, well-organized, proactive force
to support profit and growth of the Company. WORK SETTING AND
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:This section reflects the physical activities that
most people working in this occupation engage in during the course
of a workday. However, these occupations often can be performed by
those with disabilities and appropriate adaptations.
- May work either inside or outside in any weather (Cold, Snow,
- Work is sometimes noisy, cramped, dirty and poorly
- Hazards include risk of electrical shock and other work-site
- 40-hour workweek is normal, however, if offered, working
overtime is expected; electricians may work nights, weekends,
on-call, or on emergencies
- Medium physical demands requiring lifting of 25 pounds or less,
and occasionally lifting up to 119 pounds
- Must have use of feet, legs, hands and arms to climb and/or
balance on scaffolding or ladders
- Must be able to stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl,
sometimes in cramped and awkward positions
- Must have use of arms, hands and fingers to reach, handle and
feel cable, wires, tools and other equipment
- Must be able to work off of ladders, man lifts, or reach booms
without fear of heights.
- Must be able to see and hear, or have corrected vision, both
close and distant, and hearing
- Must be able to distinguish color coded wires
- Must be able to adjust vision focus and use peripheral vision
and depth perception. SKILLS:
- Understanding of the basic laws of electricity and electrical
- Ability to read technical instructions and interpret electrical
- Ability to do basic mathematics and use of electrical
- Ability to see detail and compare details in objects
- Knowledge of and the ability to productively and safely use
industry tools and equipment
- Basic mechanical skills
- Ability to visualize and sketch an electrical layout EDUCATION
And/or EXPERIENCECompletion of an electrical construction
apprentice program or 4 years field experience as a journeyman
electrician, or equivalent combination of education and experience
and as geographically applicable, the holder of a valid
license/certification.Bergelectric Corp. is an equal opportunity
employer that sees diversity as a positive force in a drug-free
workplace. We encourage minorities, women, veterans and disabled
individuals to apply.EOE Minorities/Females/Protected
Keywords: Bergelectric, Austin , Electrical Lead Man, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!