Posted on: June 25, 2022
7154 - Austin - 13300 North I-35 Service Road South, Austin,
CarMax, the way your career should be!
Now offering a $2500 Sign-On Bonus
Only candidates external to Carmax who are hired will qualify to
receive the sign on bonus.
Under general supervision, deliver exceptional customer service by
acting as a liaison between the customer and retail technician
(Traditional), or mechanical associate (Flow) on the phone before,
during, and after the service/repair processes.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet and greet all service customers in a friendly manner
conveying exceptional customer service skills and empathy
throughout the entire customer interaction.
- Assist Service/Customer Operators with incoming service calls
- Accurately interview and document customer concerns.
- Establish specific call time with each customer to update them
on the status of their vehicle and consistently meet those call
time commitments, (This may require multiple calls to the same
customer each day).
- Create repair orders, and route work to technicians or
- Obtain accurate estimates and approvals for Extended Service
Policy (ESP) claims.
- Consult with customers regarding needed repairs.
- Review repair orders for work performed and accuracy of all
labor, parts and sublet documentation for billing. .
- Close and invoice repair orders.
- Clearly explain and communicate all
recommendations/repairs/service/maintenance performed to ensure
- Collects service payments and manages cash including receiving
and counting money.
- Balance a busy workload and properly dispatch work to the
appropriate technician/mechanical associate.
- Ensure all customer concerns are addressed and resolved in a
Work requires ability to:
- Demonstrate exceptional interpersonal, communication, and
customer service skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional telephone etiquette and active
- Provide exceptional customer service at all times by
consistently executing the Retail Service Standardized Work and
Voice of Customer (VoC) processes.
- Meet or exceed CarMax guidelines for customer satisfaction.
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain
- Intermediate computer skills, including spreadsheet
- Successfully work with associates in other departments within
- Perform multiple duties in a high-energy, fast-paced working
- Demonstrate above average communication skills with the ability
to speak and listen effectively when dealing with
customers/associates, both in person and over the phone.
- Stay current in CarMax provided training in all areas of the
- Combination of both office and outdoor environment; may include
working at times in noisy and/or inclement weather conditions.
- Requires walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- Flexible work hours with shifts that may include nights,
weekends, holiday, and 12-hour days.
- Follow all CarMax, O.S.H.A., and EPA standards including the
use of Personal Protective Equipment, and proper waste disposal in
- Adhere to all CarMax policies including, but not limited to:
Code of Business Conduct, Attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity,
Proper Recording of Time, Environmental Health and Safety, and
Standards of Professional Appearance policies
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest,
transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and
deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought
and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used
cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to
deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every
associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in
their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training
and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified
candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
disability status, or any other characteristic protected by
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable
accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.
Keywords: CarMax, Austin , Service Consultant, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!