Consulting Director, Proactive Services- Unit 42 (Remote)
Company: Palo Alto Networks Unit 42
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company DescriptionAt Palo Alto Networks -, everything starts
and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of
choice, protecting our digital way of life. We have the vision of a
world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before.
These aren't easy goals to accomplish - but we're not here for
easy. We're here for better. We are a company built on the
foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done,
and we're looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping
the future of cybersecurity as we are.We're changing the nature of
work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our
employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to
how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership,
we've rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee
experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each
individual employee based on their individual choices, employees
are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve,
together.Job DescriptionYour Career as a Consulting
Director:Consulting Director, Proactive Services is a senior-level
consulting position. The individual will provide expert-level
guidance on all areas of cybersecurity and cyber risk management to
Unit 42 clients across a wide array of industries, geographies, and
organizational structures. They will be the client's advocate for
cybersecurity risk management and will provide strategic and
technical leadership in this area.Your Impact As a Consulting
- Assist Unit 42 Consulting leadership in developing the
proactive cybersecurity and risk management service offerings for
- Assist clients in directing their information security strategy
and aligns security programs with client business priorities.
- Create, enhance, review, and/or approve security policies,
standards, controls, and processes as warranted by each client
- Identify appropriate tool-sets and services to be implemented
to identify, detect, and respond to potential threats with
corresponding communication and action plans.
- Review investigations after breaches or incidents, including
impact analysis and recommendations for avoiding similar
- Evaluate, manage, and adjust security personnel and staffing
levels to ensure proper knowledge of the ever-changing industry
landscape to defend against future threats.
- Identification of risks, creation of actionable plans to
protect the business, and scheduling periodic security audits.
- Forecast and develop a budget, as required, for cyber-related
functions in collaboration with senior leadership.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with key clientele to
increase awareness of Unit 42s'' capabilities and provide on-demand
expertise for client needs.
- Advise senior leadership and board of directors on
cybersecurity risk and advocate for managing risk.
- Provide hands-on, expert-level consulting services to clients.
Conduct and review security program risk assessments based on
cybersecurity frameworks, regulations, and industry best
- Amplify Unit 42s' presence and credibility in the marketplace
through thought leadership, including via speaking engagements,
articles, whitepapers, and media exposure.
- Help advance the firm's capabilities, including by identifying
new services, building partnerships, and/or ways to augment our
current capabilities to better serve our clients.Qualifications
- Demonstrated prior experience and success in designing and
implementing an organization's cybersecurity program,
organizational structures, and capabilities.
- Experience as a senior-level team leader having established a
security vision, strategy, and program, while anticipating future
security and compliance challenges up to and including overseeing
other seniors, mid-level analyst/consultant teams.
- Ability to travel as needed to meet business demands (on
- Strong presentation, communication, and presentation skills
with verifiable industry experience in holding a CISO or vCISO
- Expert level of knowledge of applicable laws, compliance
regulations, and industry standards as it relates to privacy,
security, and compliance. Ability to provide discovery, triage, and
remediation in addition to evaluation of threats.
- Technical proficiency in a wide range of cyber risk management
services, including penetration testing, vulnerability assessments,
and cybersecurity framework assessments, among others.
- Client services mindset and top-notch client management skills.
Experienced-based understanding of clients' needs and desired
outcomes in cybersecurity and risk management engagements.
- Public speaking experience, demonstrated writing ability,
including technical reports, business communication, and thought
- Operates with a hands-on approach to service delivery with a
bias towards collaboration and teamwork.
- Must be results-driven and strategic.
- Cybersecurity industry certifications such as CISSP and/or CISM
are a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree; an advanced degree such as MS, MBA, or Juris
Doctorate (JD) is a plus.Additional InformationThe TeamUnit 42
Consulting is Palo Alto Network's security advisory team. Our
vision is to create a more secure digital world by providing the
highest quality incident response, risk management, and digital
forensic services to clients of all sizes. Our team is composed of
recognized experts and incident responders with deep technical
expertise and experience in investigations, data breach response,
digital forensics, and information security. With a highly
successful track record of delivering mission-critical
cybersecurity solutions, we are experienced in working quickly to
provide an effective incident response, attack readiness, and
remediation plans with a focus on providing long-term support to
improve our clients' security posture.Our CommitmentWe're
trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge
cybersecurity's status quo. It's simple: we can't accomplish our
mission without diverse teams innovating, together. We are
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified
individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or
accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Palo Alto Networks is an
equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our
workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or
medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic
information, marital status, medical condition, national origin,
physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected
veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.All your
information will be kept confidential according to EEO
guidelines.Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be
vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer
has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this
particular position based on your location or job requirements,
please inquire with the recruiter.
Keywords: Palo Alto Networks Unit 42, Austin , Consulting Director, Proactive Services- Unit 42 (Remote), Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!