Data Analyst, Research
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The Data Science and Analytics COE is responsible for leading
the creation and development of the overall strategy and direction
of data science and advanced analytics at CDW - including ensuring
continuity and seamless extension of existing programs, the
development of a short- and long-term vision and roadmap, and
defining and institutionalizing the role that data and analytics
play throughout the organization as the fuel that drives and shapes
CDW's priorities and serves as an accelerant for CDW's progress.The
Data Research analyst will play an important role in Data Science
and AI team to foster value creation from the use of the
organization's data assets, as well as the external data ecosystem.
The responsibilities include value creation through data research
and ensuring that data science products provide most value to end
users. This role works with the business users to understand
requirements and communicate with the Data Product teams to meet
the data and insight needs at the enterprise level.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Responsible for researching data sources, both first-party and
third-party, to identify meaningful & powerful attributes that will
feed reporting insigths and marketplace targeting, as well as to
add value to CDW's portfolio of sales rep and customer tool sets
- Serves as a key player in third-party data research, testing
and usage application, plus helping define requirements for the
consumption of third-party data into CDW's enterprise data
- Be a subject mater expert around third-party purchased data:
Use cases, data variables & format, update frequency, expansion
plans, roll-off plans, etc. Interface with vendors to corrdinate
data changes, update schedules, issues & resolutions.
- Troubleshoots data file related issues, both first-party and
- Responsible for executing internal audits of data sets,
communicate issues and recommend solutions.
- Supports data-driven decision making by enabling a persistent
test & learn environment.
- Compiles, prepares, and translates complicated data into
simple, high level data sets and summaries/information for
- Actively participate in the industry externally through
internet research, white papers and/or conferences.
- Utilize advanced modeling techniques to develop high-level
system narratives, presentations, storyboards, use cases and user
- Maintain macro-view of key processes, application platforms,
business requirements and business functions across the
- Provide creative thinking and new ideas to resolve existing
- Provide a structure for evaluating solution options.Education
and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Graduate degree with a concentration
on Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering.
- 3 years of experience in digital analytics, direct or database
marketing, applied mathematics discipline, econometrics, and/or
- Relational database (SQL) experience.Required Qualifications
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to effectively communicate across company and department
boundaries at all levels
- Experience in leading business analysis teams and managing
implementation projects that utilize big data, advanced analytics
and machine learning technologies.
- History of balancing multiple priorities simultaneously with
the ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while
- Ability to cultivate and develop lasting customer
- Strong experience building end-to-end data views.
- Ability to effectively present information, interact with and
respond to questions from managers, employees, customers and
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and/or mentoring
- Execute requests with strong attention to detail and strong
- Passion to evangelize data science, teach others and learn new
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with appropriate
- Understanding of core Hadoop technologies (e.g. Pig, Hive,
Impala, Spark, Java or Python UDFs, etc.)
- Experience in one or more statistical or scripting languages,
such as Python, R, Matlab, SAS, Perl, Java, etc.
- Exposure to algorithm development for parallel computing
environments, such as Hadoop
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known
hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of
coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well
as the community.CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented,
legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to
starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i)
be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of
full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or
religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory
Keywords: CDW, Austin , Data Analyst, Research, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!