Sr. Data Analyst, Search Relevancy
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The Data Science and Analytics COE is responsible for leading
the creation and development of the overall strategy and direction
of data science and advanced analytics at CDW - including ensuring
continuity and seamless extension of existing programs, the
development of a short- and long-term vision and roadmap, and
defining and institutionalizing the role that data and analytics
play throughout the organization as the fuel that drives and shapes
CDW's priorities and serves as an accelerant for CDW's progress.The
Senior Search Relevancy Analyst will play an important role in Data
Science and AI to foster value creation from the use of the
organization's data assets, as well as the external data ecosystem.
The responsibilities include value creation through data discovery,
envisioning data-enabled strategies and enabling all forms of
business insights and outcomes through analytics. The expectation
is to identify and report on search trends and relevancy patterns
found within enterprise search data and make recommendations for
enterprise and product search improvements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Analyzes data requirements / data stories and corresponding
data sources and data architecture to drive enhancements and
understand search metrics and drive relevancy enhancements
- Assists Product Owner in the recommendation and prioritization
of enhancements to improve Search results/relevancy
- Partner with business leaders to understand key objectives to
design optimized data products.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to clarify, prioritize and
validate data requirements and business objectives.
- Lead key and strategic initiatives from concept to product
levels, not limiting to data analysis, but exploring further on
industry best practices and data architecture, driving innovative
ideas and data research.
- Leverage general business experience with knowledge to convert
high level business objectives into functional and technical
requirements, user stories and specifications.
- Facilitate workshops with all the relevant teams including
business, technology, compliance and testing organizations to
define the business value, KPI trees and drive the
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex
- Document business, data and technical specifications ensuring
documentation is kept up to date and relevant.
- Advise users of business systems on data availability and
- Actively participate in the industry externally through
internet research, white papers and/or conferences.
- Utilize advanced modeling techniques to develop high-level
system narratives, presentations, storyboards, use cases and user
- Negotiate and facilitate to drive consensus on solution scope
- Maintain macro-view of key processes, application platforms,
business requirements and business functions across the
- Provide creative thinking and new ideas to resolve existing
- Provide a structure for evaluating solution options.Education
and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Information Systems, Computer
Science or Business or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years (3+ years with Master's degree) analytics experience,
including but not limited to: marketing analysis, market research,
sales analysis, ecommerce, financial analysis, econometrics, or
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the
ability to effectively communicate across company and department
boundaries at all levels
- Experience in leading business analysis teams and managing
implementation projects that utilize big data, advanced analytics
and machine learning technologies.
- Ability to cultivate and develop lasting customer
- Hands-on data analysis with in-depth, hands-on knowledge of
foundational data architectures such as data warehouses as well as
experience in cloud implementations.
- Experience with Big Data, Relational databases, streaming and
batch data processing.
- Strong experience building end-to-end data views.
- Ability to effectively present information, interact with and
respond to questions from managers, employees, customers and
- Demonstrated experience in teaching and/or mentoring
- Execute requests with strong attention to detail and strong
- Passion to evangelize data science, teach others and learn new
- Demonstrate influence without authority.Preferred
- Ability to effectively resolve conflict with appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Math, Engineering, Statistic,
Economics, Operation Research, Data Science, Computer Science or
related quantitate field.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known
hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of
coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well
as the community.CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented,
legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to
starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i)
be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of
full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or
religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory
Keywords: CDW, Austin , Sr. Data Analyst, Search Relevancy, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!