Maintenance Tech 2 - Nordstrom Domain Northside
Posted on: June 24, 2022
JOB SUMMARY - Based out of Nordstrom Domain NorthsideThe
Maintenance Technician 2 will help lead a team to provide a safe
and well-maintained store environment for Nordstrom customers and
employees. This role will support the Facility Manager (FM) to
ensure stores are ready for business daily. The role will help
execute on the following key themes:
- Ensuring HVAC, Vertical Transportation, Restaurants, Entries
and Signs, and Building Systems are ready for the day's
- Responding to daily break-fix and on-demand requests, advanced
troubleshooting, and support in delegating generated work orders to
- Communication with Store Leadership including participating in
store meetings, supporting vendor relations and assisting with
administrative items such as ordering parts and setting up meetings
As a lead technician, you will use your skills to support the
Facilities team in repairing and maintaining equipment and systems
throughout the building. In addition to developing your skills, you
will mentor other technicians to grow in their roles. This position
will support multiple Nordstrom Stores and Nordstrom Rack locations
within a business node.A day in the life...
- Lead and perform both on demand and planned monthly, quarterly,
semi-annual, and annual Preventive Maintenance on all critical and
- Troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems related to all
- Operate and monitor building controls, critical and
non-critical building systems, and associated equipment.
- EMCS command: Troubleshooting alarms, verifying proper building
- Lead equipment and building rounds & readings. Responsible for
identifying, mitigating, and reporting building systems and
- Perform manual labor tasks such as loading, unloading, lifting,
and moving materials.
- Assist with administrative task such as parts ordering, PO#
creation, vendor management, and attending relevant job
meetings/project meetings, etc.
- Promote a safe working environment by following all safety
procedures. Act as a safety champion for adherence to safety and
health rules by following proper LOTO (Lock Out Tag Out), PPE
(Personal Protective Equipment), ergonomics, working at heights and
- Act as face of the facilities business in place of the FM by
helping to attend store meetings and vendor/project meetings.
Clearly document and share notes on outcomes.
- Complete preventative maintenance routines with proper
documentation with the ability to delegate to and mentor other
technicians on system(s) accuracy.
- Assist FM with technical training of new employees on equipment
and/or building systems.
- Ability to respond to location emergencies
- Update the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) as
necessary to maintain maintenance procedure and accurate equipment
historical records. Maintain adequate parts inventory and order
items as necessary.
- Communicate, coordinate, and assist in work with outside
contractors, vendors, and Property Managers/Landlords.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental
agency, and company directives related to building operations and
work safety. You've got this if...
- High School Diploma/GED. Associates or higher degree from a
vocational school or college preferred
- 5-7 years of experience of hands-on facilities with an emphasis
in mechanical maintenance.
- 5+ years of experience conducting predictive and preventative
- 5+ years of working experience involving HVAC and
refrigeration, carpentry, plumbing, electrical and mechanical
skills to perform facilities and equipment repairs.
- Able to troubleshoot basic input and output functions. Low
voltage signal tracing and troubleshooting of logical devices.
Keywords: Nordstrom, Austin , Maintenance Tech 2 - Nordstrom Domain Northside, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!