Maintenance Tech 1 - Nordstrom Domain Northside
Posted on: June 24, 2022
JOB SUMMARY - Nordstrom Domain Northside
- The Facilities Maintenance Technician I will help contribute to
delivering a safe and well-maintained store environment. This role
performs general preventive maintenance of buildings, industrial
systems, equipment, and grounds. Working under close supervision,
this role assists in monitoring building system operations and
performance. The ideal candidate will have basic working knowledge
in several trade skills, such as, carpentry, plumbing, electrical,
painting, roofing, heating, and cooling. This position will be
supporting multiple Nordstrom Stores and Nordstrom Rack locations
within a business node.A day in the life...
- Perform assigned day-to-day preventive maintenance and
on-demand requests from Sales Floor. Complete appropriate
maintenance records accurately and timely.
- Perform assigned daily inspections and building rounds.
- Assist with troubleshooting and basic repairs of buildings and
installed systems, to include, plumbing systems, kitchen equipment,
roofs, drains, shop, and HVAC.
- Assist with maintaining lighting systems throughout the
facility, maintaining fixtures, and replacing bulbs and lamps.
- Observe how to use electrical schematics and blueprints to
troubleshoot and correct problems
- Perform manual labor tasks such as loading, unloading, lifting,
and moving materials.
- Understand and follow how to use manuals, how to read and
interpret circuit diagrams, blueprints, and schematics
- Provide excellent customer service and respond quickly to
emergency situations, summoning additional assistance as needed
with ability to know when to escalate.
- Observe and adhere to safety and health rules by following
proper LOTO, PPE, ergonomics, working at heights and machine
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental
agency, and company directives related to building operations and
- Display a positive attitude and practice good work ethic that
reflects the mission, philosophy, and goals of the company and
departmentYou've got this if...
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a
minimum of one year of related experience and/or training.
- Must demonstrate the ability to understand and follow
directions, guidelines and working procedures in written and verbal
form, or as directed by Facilities Manager (FM) and/or lead
- Ability to communicate effectively and comfortably with all
organizational levels. Must include written and verbal skills.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule: days, evenings,
weekends, and off-hours support may be required
- Ability to react appropriately to changing priorities and
- Aptitude to prioritize tasks and work through challenges
- Detail-oriented with high level of accuracy and attention to
- Entry level proficiency with power tools and willingness to
learn tools is a must.
- General understanding of mechanical component systems and
- Proficiency using PC or Laptop for work order system, email,
and training. Basic skills with Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook;
Excel).Physical requirements include stooping, standing, walking,
climbing stairs / ladders and ability to lift / carry heavy loads
of 50 lbs. or more with or without reasonable accommodation
Keywords: Nordstrom, Austin , Maintenance Tech 1 - Nordstrom Domain Northside, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!