Field Controls Technician
Company: Control Panels USA Inc.
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Control Panels USA is seeking an experienced Field Controls
Technician to join our growing team. In general, the Field Controls
Technician is responsible for complete commissioning of hardware at
customer sites including wire terminations, instrument
configurations, radio/antenna installation/ alignments and general
panel troubleshooting for project field work or service calls. The
Field Controls Technician will utilize various hand and electric
tools, analytical testing equipment and computer supported
software. This role will be located at our Austin office.
Who we are:
Control Panels USA is a manufacturer of Control Panels and Relay
Rack assemblies in a wide range of industries. We offer custom
design and fabrication for OEM clients, contractors, and end users
requiring either large or small production runs. Our factory in
Austin, Texas houses state of the art engineering, manufacturing,
and testing capabilities. This allows us to supply our customers
with cost effective solutions while maintaining very competitive
lead times. We strive to exceed our customer's expectations while
providing the highest quality products and services to our clients
in the most cost- efficient manner.
Why CP USA?
Join our amazing team! Here's what some of our employees have to
say about CP USA:
- Have always enjoyed working for CP USA. This is truly the best
working environment I've ever worked in.
- CP USA does an amazing job of making their employees feel
appreciated. They also do great at recognizing strengths and giving
people the opportunity to grow.
- This is a great company to work for and the employee longevity
CP USA provides:
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance for our
- 401(k) with 50% matching
- Paid time off
- Reward & Recognition Bonus Program
- Quarterly company events
- And More!
Our regular work schedule is M-F 8AM-4:30PM.
- Review assigned scope of work with project manager prior to
working in the field
- Coordinate and implement any training required for the project
with the Project Manager
- Site specifics / other onsite training
- Ensure the following information has been gathered PRIOR to
heading to the site
- Product Literature
- Clarification of Specification, etc.
- Utilize template documents on all assigned tasks
- Parameter List
- Testing Documentation
- Calibration Documentation
- Daily Reports
- Time Sheet
- Credit Card Reconciliation
- Update panel schematics for CAD Designer to generate As-Built
- Generate service tickets and daily reports
- Coordinate with Project Manager on assigned service calls for
- Maintain Field tools and Test Equipment
- Maintain good relationship with customers
- Any other task, assignments, duty, or projects, as requested by
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a high-pressure
- Intermediate computer skills and comfortability with Word,
Excel, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to pass CP USA's Basic Electrical and Controls
- Operational knowledge of multimeter functions, pressure
calibrators, process meters, soldering wires, connectors.
- Experience in the theory, application and calibration of flow,
pressure, level, and temperature instrumentation.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex relay logic using
drawings and knowledge of motor/valve control logic.
- Experience in wiring and troubleshooting loop powered and
isolated 4-20mA analog control systems.
- Must be able to work at elevated heights, including the use of
- Great problem-solving skills
- Clean driving record
- Ability for overnight travel approximately 25% of the time
- Experience with commissioning program logic controller (PLC)
software a plus
- Familiarity with wastewater and water treatment controls a
- Familiarity with radio/cellular telemetry systems a plus.
- Familiarity with antenna mast rigging principles a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk, hear, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and
arms, drive, sit, stoop, climb, and stand. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and be willing to work
in both indoor and outdoor conditions.
- Valid driver license
- Successful completion MVR check
- Successful completion of background check
- Industrial automation
- Municipal utilities
- Electrical/electronic manufacturing
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Control Panels USA Inc., Austin , Field Controls Technician, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!