Safety Manager - Cell Towers - Construction (Remote OK & North TX)
Company: Tillman Infrastructure, LLC
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Tillman Infrastructure ("TI") is a leading cellular tower and
telecom infrastructure company, which owns and builds assets across
the United States. Tillman provides both the financial capability
and operational expertise to rapidly build and manage several
thousands of sites nationwide. Tillman Infrastructure is a
portfolio company of Tillman Global Holdings, a holding company
focused on building premier digital infrastructure businesses
globally. Overview We are looking for a proactive, highly organized
individual to join our team as a Safety Manager. Based remotely in
Oklahoma or Northern TX the safety manager is responsible for all
safety requirements for the Company including training Tillman
field personnel and staff, auditing job sites, developing safety
programs, enforcing safety standards, and ensuring completion of
all safety reporting.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of local,
state, and federal regulations regarding construction safety. They
will be familiar with OSHA regulations and other standards as they
apply to the construction and maintenance of tower facilities to
include: forklifts/telehandlers, Mobile Elevated Work Platforms
(aerial lifts), confined spaces, fall protection, trenching and
excavation equipment and safety, concrete work, fire safety,
rigging and cranes, electrical work, and tower climbing/work at
- Develop and Maintain Safety Program
- Create and maintain all company safety guidelines:
- Safety Manual(s)
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA, Federal, State
- Create Safety Standard Operating Procedures to readily define
process and steps for employees and General Contractors (GCs) to
- Develop standard forms, inspection templates, etc.
- Maintain a central location for all documents, making them
readily available to employees.
- Ensure compliance with all customer, insurance, and other
- Assist Contract Division with onboarding new vendors /
- Evaluate new vendor's Safety Manual, EMR, safety compliance,
- Maintain Vendor files and documentation.
- Conduct periodic reviews of approved vendor safety
documentation to ensure continued compliance.
- Ensure vendor and employee safety compliance:
- Establish and maintain inspection and compliance system:
- Ensure vendor safety compliance thru inspections and feedback
- Maintain all documentation and records in vendor files.
- Ensure all sites built have vendor safety documentation
uploaded to the database and are reviewed and approved.
- Ensure Tillman construction managers conduct site safety
- Ensure that each vendor has had several site inspections by a
Tillman Safety Manager and ensure there is a response to all safety
- Provide vendor feedback, including safety score cards and
- Develop and maintain the company Safety Training Program:
- Conduct and document all employee safety information / training
- Maintain Training Library.
- Conduct periodic company-wide safety briefings on topics
pertaining to job responsibilities of employees.
- Safety Reporting:
- Compile and publish safety and quality reports to the Vice
President of Operations.
- Conduct safety and quality audits including company vehicle
inspections, resolving safety issues that arise.
- Ensure safety incidents and/or accidents are properly
investigated and recorded.
- Obtain and maintain records of employee safety certifications,
including driving records.
- Vehicle Fleet Responsibilities
- Manage the company fleet vehicles, driver's training, vehicle
maintenance and vehicle inspections.
- Other duties as required. Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of related safety/construction management experience
in the telecom industry preferred.
- 10+ years of safety management experience preferred.
- Certifications required: OSHA 500 Construction, CPR & First
- Preferred BCSP Certification: CHST or STS-C.
- Knowledge of Worker's Compensation rules and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Project,
Excel, and PowerPoint preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and changing environment.
- 50% travel required.
What we offer TI is an innovator within the digital infrastructure
ecosystem that puts its people and customers at the forefront of
everything it does. As a growing company, we are committed to
attracting and developing the very best talent by offering a
workplace where results are recognized and rewarded. We offer a
great opportunity for you and:
- A challenging, rewarding career within a growing company,
backed by a global investor and owner of digital infrastructure
- A collaborative environment, with on-the-job training and
- Competitive benefits and wellness package, including medical,
dental and vision coverage
- 401k plan with company match
- 17 vacation days and 11 holidays annually
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Recognition Programs
Employment will be contingent on the submission of appropriate
documentation showing proof of COVID-19 vaccination subject to the
request for a legally permissible accommodation.
Keywords: Tillman Infrastructure, LLC, Austin , Safety Manager - Cell Towers - Construction (Remote OK & North TX), Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!