Property Tax Consultant II - Multistate
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Are you an experienced tax professional looking for a
challenging career that will explore the intricacies of property
tax within various state and local organizations? If you are ready
to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax
consulting solutions and innovative technologies, then Deloitte's
Multistate Tax Services (MTS) practice should be your next career
We are looking for sharp, experienced Tax Consultants to add to our
Property Tax Team throughout the nation.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services (MTS) group is one of the
largest State and Local Tax (SALT) practices in the United States
with more than 1,000 professionals nationwide. Our Multistate Tax
professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators,
industry personnel, tax practitioners, accounting specialists, and
technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax
experience. Collectively, our team has significant experience with
the requirements and nuances of jurisdictions in all 50 states. Our
specific services include state income and franchise tax, indirect
tax, property tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives,
sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state
strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
Deloitte's Property Tax services group helps clients plan for and
manage personal property tax compliance efforts in a more
streamlined, seamless, and tax-efficient way. We bring together
deep tax and industry knowledge, a national network of property tax
specialists, and proprietary technology capabilities to help our
clients explore new approaches, resourcing models, and possible
Work you'll do
As a Property Tax Consultant within the Multistate Tax Services
group, you will be a valuable member of the engagement team and
assist in providing state and local property tax planning,
consulting, and compliance services to a diverse client base in
various industry sectors.
Responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating with clients' tax departments on various property
- Researching state and local property tax legislation and
assisting with drafting client responses and memo preparation.
- Preparing state and local property tax returns on select
- Assisting with billing preparation and account
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or another related
- CPA certification, if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not
qualified, CMI, licensed attorney, CRE, MAI, CAE, PPS, ASA, CCMI,
CREA, or a Senior Property Tax Consultant licensed by the Texas
Board of Licensing and Regulation (or be willing and able to obtain
- 1+ years' progressive experience preparing and/or reviewing
state and local property tax returns.
- Travel up to 20% (While 20% of travel is a requirement of the
role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended
until further notice).
- Limited Immigration Sponsorship is available.
- Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax or JD and/or LLM.
- Experience with property tax planning, tax research, and tax
- Thorough understanding of OneSource Property Tax.
Keywords: Deloitte, Austin , Property Tax Consultant II - Multistate, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!