Counter Sales Associate
Company: White Cap
Posted on: May 14, 2022
A position at White Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an
exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have
a variety of career opportunities. The White Cap family is
committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being
deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our
associates are the driving force behind this commitment. Job
Summary Responsible for assisting with counter sales and customer
service. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Receives, researches, and answers customer questions regarding
accounts, products, rates and services offered, via telephone or in
- Engages with both counter customers and phone customers to
fully identify needs, respond to inquiries or questions, and offer
- Processes orders, quotes prices, enters orders into the system
and provides order information to customers. Pull orders as
- Communicates product features, benefits, and warranty policy
information to customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of products and their applications
(provides technical advice, troubleshoots, and helps resolve
- Upsells by identifying related products, add-on extensions and
making customers aware of product promotions.
- Ensures merchandise displays are stocked and clean.
- May perform other duties as assigned Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions
would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and
there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions
there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrated success providing excellent customer service.
- Experience using sales order computer software, familiarity
with Oracle preferred.
- Knowledge of company construction and industrial products. If
you're looking to play a role in building America, consider one of
our open opportunities. We can't wait to meet you. Functional Area
Sales Recruiter McKenzie, Nicole Req ID WCJR-004960 White Cap is an
Equal Opportunity Minority/Female/Individuals with
Disabilities/Protected Veteran and Affirmative Action Employer.
White Cap considers for employment and hires qualified candidates
without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, protected veteran or disability status or any factor
prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Austin , Counter Sales Associate, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!