Truck Driver - CDL
Company: White Cap
Posted on: January 16, 2022
A position at White Cap isn't your ordinary job. You'll work in an
exciting and diverse environment, meet interesting people, and have
a variety of career opportunities. The White Cap family is
committed to Building Trust on Every Job. We do this by being
deeply knowledgeable, fully capable, and always dependable, and our
associates are the driving force behind this commitment. Job
Summary Make deliveries to customer job sites while adhering to all
DOT regulations and safety procedures. Load inventory on truck and
unload at customer site. Operate trucks to pick up and deliver
products, supplies and equipment to and from organization, supplier
and customer sites. Duties may involve complex pickups and
deliveries, e.g., night deliveries, transport of dangerous and
hazardous materials. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key
- Delivers products to customers which may include assistance
with unloading, ensuring delivery of ticket with material, etc.
Serves as primary interface with the customer at point of delivery.
Contacts customers if they are not present at delivery
- Loads truck with daily deliveries. Unloads product at
- Performs pre-trip and post-trip inspections in accordance with
Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations and internal
policies and procedures. Reports vehicle defects, accidents,
traffic violations, or damage before and after route. Fuels truck
- Resolves customer service issues.
- Complies with all DOT (Department of Transportation) standards
and regulations. Maintains records such as vehicle logs and bill of
ladings in accordance with guidelines.
- Plans route to and from customers' businesses and adjusts for
traffic and/or construction.
- Ensures that manifests are complete and accurate.
- May assist warehouse staff with pulling and preparing orders
for shipment, as well as receiving, verifying, staging and stocking
all incoming material. Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in
accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques.
Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior
coworker or supervisor.
- None. Work Environment
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills
training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of
experience in area of responsibility. Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of machines and tools.
- Forklift experience. If you're looking to play a role in
building America, consider one of our open opportunities. We can't
wait to meet you. Functional Area Logistics Recruiter Machart,
Frank Req ID WCJR-001360 White Cap is an Equal Opportunity
Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veteran and
Affirmative Action Employer. White Cap considers for employment and
hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, protected veteran or disability
status or any factor prohibited by law.
Keywords: White Cap, Austin , Truck Driver - CDL, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!