Silicon Power Architect
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Facebook AR/VR focuses on delivering Facebook's vision through
Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR). The compute
performance and power efficiency requirements of Virtual and
Augmented Reality require custom silicon. Facebook Silicon team is
driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in
computer vision, machine learning, mixed reality, graphics,
displays, sensors, and new ways to map the human body. Our chips
will enable AR and VR devices where our real and virtual world will
mix and match throughout the day. We believe the only way to
achieve our goals is to look at the entire stack, from transistor,
through architecture, to firmware, and algorithms.
Facebook AR/VR is looking for a Silicon Power Architect who will
work with a world-class group of researchers and engineers. This
ideal candidate will understand the full spectrum of silicon power
modeling, analysis, optimization and projections from algorithms on
generic compute units to custom silicon IP blocks, traditional
compute benchmarking, and SOC and System level implications. The
candidate will work with architecture, design, backend, system and
verification teams and drive the team towards implementing the most
power efficient design.
- Define power architecture that includes functions such as image
compute, CPU/GPU benchmarking, throughput and QoS analysis, power
management architectures and detailed modeling and analysis.
- Surpass state of the art for metrics such as compute, bandwidth
and power consumption.
- Work across disciplines, brainstorm big ideas, build new
methodologies, juggle/coordinate multiple initiatives, drive a
concept into a prototype and ultimately guide the transition into a
high-volume consumer product.
- Understand the tradeoffs between general purpose and custom
compute mechanisms, be able to model data-flows, and create
detailed cost/benefit analysis.
- Guiding a small team of other architects and designers in
undertaking power analysis, modeling, and projections. They will
produce models matching the proposed ASIC implementation, and
produce detailed tradeoff analyses for executive review and product
- Work on running power simulation and analyzing results and
guiding design team in power optimization.
- Work on post silicon model to hardware correlation.
- 7+ years of experience with production silicon including at
least one product shipped.
- Experience with methods for partitioning a solution across
hardware and software, digital, and other multi-disciplinary
boundaries in a system solution.
- Experience evaluating architectural trade-offs of performance,
power, and area.
- Experience employing scientific methods to debug, diagnose and
drive the resolution of cross-disciplinary system issues.
- MSEE or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of low power design principles across RTL, design and
- Experience in top down high-level-model to HW power modeling of
system use cases.
- Experience in technology node scaling and projections.
- Experience in custom IP block power estimates.
- Experience programming in C or Python.
- Experience working effectively as an individual and in a
- Capable of dealing with ambiguity with a fast changing consumer
- Results oriented, self-motivated, proactive with demonstrated
creative & critical thinking.
- Ability to collaborate and/or lead in a team environment.
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community
and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and
services, we're building a different kind of company that connects
billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what
matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business
expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our
global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and
working together to empower people around the world to build
community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help
people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color,
national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related
medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age,
status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.Facebook is
committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates
with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any
assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us
know at email@example.com.
Keywords: Oculus, Austin , Silicon Power Architect, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!