Posted on: January 15, 2022
Veolia is the world's leading environmental services company with
-179,000 employees globally and a 160-year history. We help our
customers address their environmental and sustainability challenges
in energy, water and waste. That means improving our clients'
energy efficiency, better managing their water and wastewater, and
recovering resources from their wastes. We do this in a safe,
cost-effective and innovative manner for cities, governments,
campuses, businesses, and industries.
Responsible for safely loading, unloading, movements and processing
hazardous waste, non-hazardous waste, and recyclable materials for
industrial clients. This job includes general labor and warehouse
tasks such as understanding of proper handling and disposal of
hazardous waste and recyclable materials as well as cleaning
maintaining and organizing the work areas.
- Performs general housekeeping duties and maintains a clean,
organized and safe work area. Complies with all prescribed safety
procedures and regulations. Report all incidents and accidents.
Works safely and wear the appropriate PPE for the task.
- Removes hazardous material from site areas, equipment and
facilities using standard industrial and specific or specialized
decontamination cleaning techniques.
- Safely operates decontamination equipment utilizing high
pressure water, strippable coatings or other decontamination
- Ability to work in self-contained breathing apparatus and
operate breathing air systems.
- Moves material within the facility using appropriate equipment
such as hand trucks, pallet trucks, forklifts, golf carts, etc.
Must also be able to do some heavy lifting (up to 70lbs).
- Collects and processes protective clothing and waste products
from site areas.
- Properly inspect segregate, and consolidate all waste stored on
- Responsible for excavating, transporting, handling, sorting,
labeling, or collecting both hazardous and non-hazardous
- Must be able to utilize knowledge of company, state and federal
regulations applicable to EPA, DOT, and OSHA.
- Must be able to safely operator equipment such as balers,
shredders, grinders, extractors, pumps, tanks and pressure
- Performs spill cleanup as well as participate in remediation
projects in and out of the work area.
- Have the ability to support other operations when there's a
- Must be able to work 8 or 12 hour shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED)
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to safely operate equipment
- Ability to operate independently
- Ability to work well in team environment
- HAZWOPER Certification
- Forklift Certification
Veolia offers the most complete range of environmental solutions to
meet the challenges of cities, governments, campuses, businesses
and industries. Our network of talent and hands-on know-how is
unique and unrivaled.
We help our customers address their environmental and
sustainability challenges in energy, water and waste. That means
improving our clients' energy efficiency, better managing their
water and wastewater, and recovering resources from their wastes.
We do this in a safe, cost-effective and innovative manner for more
than 550 communities and more than 30,000 businesses, campuses and
organizations throughout North America.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran
As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives
equal consideration to all applications, without
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Keywords: Veolia, Austin , Technician, Professions , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!